Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Obama Knew Millions Would Lose Coverage

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    So far (he's in politics so it could change very quickly) it would be very general. There isn't much voting history to go on as Harry Reid doesn't bring much up for a vote so that he can protect vulnerable Democrats up for reelection.

Mainly though, much like Rand Paul most everything they want to do or not due is guided by the constitution. Cruz more than Paul, IMO.

Something else to look at (at least for me). Any Republican that is despised by the "Establishment Republicans" (Graham, McCain etc. guys who try to win over the media) is usually alright in my book.
    This.

He's more Libertarian than Republican.

He was NOT supposed to win his seat. The establishment GOP wanted David Dewhurst, the Lt Governor and Rick Perry's right hand guy. But he ran a grass roots campaign and won rather easily.

It should be noted the tea party is riding his coat tails. He did not seek their help nor is a "tea party candidate". He's certainly accepted their support but he didn't court them.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    A lot of it has to do with people going to emergency rooms for dumb shit with no insurance, receiving medical care and then never paying their bills.

People going to give birth with no insurance...emergency rooms can't turn them away...

I don't know if you looked at your insurance bill for your new baby, but when my son was born last year our insurance paid close to 20K. That stuff adds up to quite a bit when you consider the number of irresponsible people getting knocked up with no means to pay for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How does Obamacare fix this?

Only way I can see is the law is forcing all of us to pay for it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    How does Obamacare fix this?

Only way I can see is the law is forcing all of us to pay for it.
    It doesn't.

But they think it will.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

My question is, where are all the defenders of the law and people blaming the GOP for their shenanigans around Obamacare now that this little tid bit is out?

My question is, where are all the defenders of the law and people blaming the GOP for their shenanigans around Obamacare now that this little tid bit is out?
    Absent, as always.

Democrats are judged on their intentions, not their results. Their heart was in the right place with Obamacare, thus they get a pass in the MSM and within their own party.

Meanwhile, Ted Cruz, Paul, et all continue to be painted as inflexible zealots.

Blog Entries

Ends justify the means, eh?

Blog Entries

As for the thread's title - of course he knew. We sure knew it.

Jon and I posted this hundreds of times during the debates in this forum. Then
    OBY came out and said they made a mistake with and we would have to be taxed.

We said that from the beginning.

Blog Entries

I just don't see them getting the number of young, healthy buyers that they're looking for.

The old timers are going to use a butt load of insurance funds like they did before and it is still going to throw it all out of whack.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I just don't see them getting the number of young, healthy buyers that they're looking for.

The old timers are going to use a butt load of insurance funds like they did before and it is still going to throw it all out of whack.
    The end game is to get people off of their employment plans and into the government plan.

By hook or crook, if necessary.

Im going to leave the dems and the media out of this for just a second and call it how I see it: Republicans are screwing themselves up with this whole thing when they should have a slam dunk...theyve had 3 years to have a comprehensive plan to replace ACA with and heavily promote it. They didnt take the "replace" part seriously enough to balance the repeal part. Had they done that, Romney would probably be sitting in the White House right now. They just dont have a clear, well detailed plan that they are all on board with like they do other things like tax cuts, keystone, gun-rights, etc. There is nothing stopping them from investing in ads to promote their plan, talking about it on all the major networks, etc especially with the amount of fundraising money they are taking in. Some of them talk about just letting each of the states figure it out, that's part of what got us in this mess in the first place especially since the Fed would be still involved in health care due to Medicare & Medicaid. They need to pick a side and run with it if theyre going to win in 2014 & 2016. IMO if they want it to be a states issue, put pressure on THOSE states with the huge amount of uninsured (ex: Texas, Florida) to come up with solid plans and use it as a template for the rest of the states to follow while heavily reforming Medicare/Medicaid. The thing to keep in mind is were damned if we do and damned if we dont at this point with healthcare regardless if ACA dies since folks will still get sick and many healthy (for now) people wont bother to buy insurance while making lifestyle choices that will cause a ton of money in health costs in the future (smoking, drinking too much, obesity, etc). The issues that arise from these things are debilitating and dont kill you right away while people live longer so there ya go.

Blog Entries

Great suggestion but Rove and his boys aren't that advanced or smart enough to organize like you mention. Besides, they need the conservative base which they completely alienated to do that. They haven't voted in the last two presidential elections which is how OBY won.

As far as the states, it was the states that brought the appeal to SCOTUS and while it was a victory for O BUMMER CARE people forget that Roberts also ruled that that States wouldn't be required to kick in their part after 4 yrs I think it is.

The Feds pay for it all the first 4 years or so but then the states have to flip a large part. Not sure how much but the decision says they don't have to participate at all.

That's why the states that brought the suit say they won.

That's when the train wrecks occurs if it hasn't already because then the Feds will have to fund it all which means more taxes and more debt for us.

I posted links that Medicare and Medicade take up half of the national debt. Ryan tried to do something about it but was crucified.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 10-31-2013 at 01:00 AM.

On some other sites, and in spite of the exact quotes pasted below, they are insisting that the President did not lie. It's either the insurance companies fault, or we all misunderstood. In all fairness to the President, he may not have intentionally lied; he didn't know/undersatnd any better than anyone else exctly what was in the ACA.

"That means that no matter how we reform health care, we will keep this promise to the American people: If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor, period. If you like your health-care plan, you’ll be able to keep your health-care plan, period. No one will take it away, no matter what.”

– President Obama, speech to the American Medical Association, June 15, 2009

“And if you like your insurance plan, you will keep it. No one will be able to take that away from you. It hasn’t happened yet. It won’t happen in the future.”

– Obama, remarks in Portland, April 1, 2010