Re: Obama Knew Millions Would Lose Coverage

Dr. Krauthammer simply nails it ....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...b78_story.html

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Dr. Krauthammer simply nails it ....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...b78_story.html
    I don't always agree with him, but when he's right, he's more right than just about anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I just don't see them getting the number of young, healthy buyers that they're looking for.

The old timers are going to use a butt load of insurance funds like they did before and it is still going to throw it all out of whack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am one of the healthy, "young ish" people they covet. I will be paying the fine, until my "family planning" reaches a tipping point and My wife and I decide to have a baby. I will do the EXACT OPPOSITE of what the law tries to force me to do. Screw it, I will milk the system.. I won't sign up until I'm a taker, and not a giver. 1% of my income sucks, but it's way better then paying $5k or more for a plan that has a deductible so high that it would stand ZERO chance of covering ANY of my healthcare. I think my out of pocket expenses for my last 12+ years of being uninsured has been roughly $1k.
    If they had actual catastrophic only plans that had $1k or larger PER INCIDENT deductibles, and premiums well south of $100 a month, I might actually sign up. But that kind of insurance has been outlawed, as my healthy ass wouldn't pay for enough takers that way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I am one of the healthy, "young ish" people they covet. I will be paying the fine, until my "family planning" reaches a tipping point and My wife and I decide to have a baby. I will do the EXACT OPPOSITE of what the law tries to force me to do. Screw it, I will milk the system.. I won't sign up until I'm a taker, and not a giver. 1% of my income sucks, but it's way better then paying $5k or more for a plan that has a deductible so high that it would stand ZERO chance of covering ANY of my healthcare. I think my out of pocket expenses for my last 12+ years of being uninsured has been roughly $1k.
    If they had actual catastrophic only plans that had $1k or larger PER INCIDENT deductibles, and premiums well south of $100 a month, I might actually sign up. But that kind of insurance has been outlawed, as my healthy ass wouldn't pay for enough takers that way.
    If it wasn't offered through work I would do the same.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Wait til you're older and unhealthy. I was strong and healthy a your age. I'm still strong and work out in the gym (push 300 lbs on leg weights and do 20 reps @ 150 lbs) and swim 2 miles every day. I didn't go to a doctor from 25 til 38. Doc's office lost my records because it was so long. EVen now Ive spent very little in the dentist office my entire life as dentist said I have strong teeth. Then at 50 it happened and I got sick. At 57 I came within 3 days of dying from an infection after breaking my leg in 3 places.

Things change when you get older.

I've always paid for my plan offered at work and now on pension and it's one of the best plans in existence. I pay $100 pr mo for it but when I needed an inhaler and it cost $400 Aetna paid all but $10 of it so that's 4 months payments I got back there.

I was in hospital for 4 days last month and had a small dedcutable. Bill came
    to $4,000 for 4 days. I paid the deductable and said thank you very much.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-01-2013 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Wait til you're older and unhealthy. I was strong and healthy a your age. I'm still strong and work out in the gym (push 300 lbs on leg weights and do 20 reps @ 150 lbs) and swim 2 miles every day. I didn't go to a doctor from 25 til 38. Doc's office lost my records because it was so long. EVen now Ive spent very little in the dentist office my entire life as dentist said I have strong teeth. Then at 50 it happened and I got sick. At 57 I came within 3 days of dying from an infection after breaking my leg in 3 places.

Things change when you get older.

I've always paid for my plan offered at work and now on pension and it's one of the best plans in existence. I pay $100 pr mo for it but when I needed an inhaler and it cost $400 Aetna paid all but $10 of it so that's 4 months payments I got back there.

I was in hospital for 4 days last month and had a small dedcutable. Bill came
    to $4,000 for 4 days. I paid the deductable and said thank you very much.
    I always planned on having Health insurance then, when it matters. Hope I have the option of a plan like yours when i need it. As I said before, was planning to buy insurance before knocking the old lady up... Childbirth is certainly expensive as well.

Blog Entries

Thanks. My dad always said you need good insurance and credit to survive but that plan changes when I go on medicare.

Aetna will be $124 pr mo as backup and Meidcare will cost $111 pr mo. I
    said, I started off paying $80 pr mo when I retired 10 yrs ago. Taxes haven't increased that much even after OBY taking over.

Besides the great plan I have, I got 80% of my high grade and with the colas and now Soc Sec, I'm making more than I retired. I usually spend the winters in my condo in Florida but my mom is in an assistive living place and I hate to leave her that long. I used to take her with me. My sis and I are the only ones that visit her. Im taking her to church tomorrow.

OBY is right so far as to keeping my plan. O BUMMER CARE kicks in January but I got the brochures and the FEds kept the cost under 3%. I get another cola after the 3% is taken out so I'm still in good shape.

Great posts JOn and I miss Galen and the good old days arguing with him since HR, um, elevated the forum.

Blog Entries

I think after his apology id tend to agree with the poster that said he unknowingly misled, not full out lied. ACA is directly attached to his name but i dont think hes as closely tied to the actual law making process as much as that would seem. Hopefully he stands by his claims that theyre working on a solution, which I would think would entail actually "grandfathering" those plans and not making them conform in any way, if its not too late. I know his "apology" is going to go on deaf ears with a lot of people, but i think this speaks to the problem that congress had. They didnt work together at all and a lot of these things could have been worked out once it was acknowledged that it was going to be a law regardless. Its still pretty evident nobody is working for the people.

Kind of reminds me of the Bailout when all those bankers gave themselves huge bonuses with that money. I saw an interview or documentary with the guy behind the bailout (obamas, and i cant remember his name) and when asked that question he basically said "we didnt think about it". As bad as congress is, and maybe as common sense as it would be to put something in writing that the shady bankers cant be shady with the bailout money, sometimes little things like that go missed because you just assume when savings somebodys ass they wont screw you over. A big law like ACA, its not surprising in the least that what they wanted vs what the law allows can be two different things. I fall back on Obamas own words that the law isnt where he wanted it to be, but like other laws once its in place its easier to amend the problems.

or maybe its easier for congress just to work for the people and give us the best possible solutions to our problems, but thats probably asking too much for either side.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 11-08-2013 at 07:35 AM.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    ....or maybe its easier for congress just to work for the people and give us the best possible solutions to our problems, but that's probably asking too much for either side.
    Maybe...sort of like asking the government to stay out of peoples' lives and stop creating problems where none exist.

Obama Knew Millions Would Lose Coverage

I think after his apology id tend to agree with the poster that said he unknowingly misled, not full out lied
    NBC disagrees with you

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Maybe...sort of like asking the government to stay out of peoples' lives and stop creating problems where none exist.
    In general id agree, but if youre referring to the healthcare system, it was certainly an existing problem whether you agree or disagree on ACA.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    NBC disagrees with you
    Thats fine. MSM certainly only speaks truths...
    -JAB

In general id agree, but if youre referring to the healthcare system, it was certainly an existing problem whether you agree or disagree on ACA.
    So to "fix" the healthcare system, we need the government to take away the insurance of 30 million people that were perfectly happy with the insurance they had? This is government....particularly federal government....intrusion in citizens' personal lives at its worst.