Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

RG-Knee and the Slurs

The Redskins should really put feelers out there to see if anyone wants to trade for him. He is a hell of a player, but he is ALWAYS going to be dealing with injuries.

Kirk Cousins is a pretty good QB and while he isn't as athletic as RG-III, he is arguably just as good of a passer IMO.

Guaranteed there would be some team(s) out there (Houston? Cleveland? St. Louis?) that may give up multiple high draft picks for RG-III.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: RG-Knee and the Slurs

He is the leader that can't get out of his own way. He arrived to a parade of celebration amongst media and Washington fans. He recognized that he was going to have to lead that team immediately and, he did so. They won the division. However, he hasn't recognized that the team will have to now be built around him. He's still trying to do it all himself.

Mike Shanahan has handled this young man very poorly.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I think RGIII needs a third knee.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

He's a Vick clone.

Well, minus the whole dug murderer thing but you get my drift.

Blog Entries

Yeah but he's wildly popular and sells a lot of tix and merchandise. I don't think they would consider it for one second. Fix the defense and they'll win more games.

Cousins is the one they should trade - they could probably get a 1st and 2nd for him.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Yeah but he's wildly popular and sells a lot of tix and merchandise. I don't think they would consider it for one second. Fix the defense and they'll win more games.

Cousins is the one they should trade - they could probably get a 1st and 2nd for him.
    I could see that scenario as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    He's a Vick clone.

Well, minus the whole dug murderer thing but you get my drift.
    I do.

I think he'll be one of those guys who is a superior athlete, but is just constantly getting hurt because of the way he plays.

I actually think he's worse as a passer this year than last. Clearly the knee is impacting his mechanics, but did you guys see where he completely missed Pierre Garcon who was WIDE open in the end zone and he threw it to a tightly covered Jordan Reed? That pass was almost intercepted.

QBs miss players from time to time, but that was a pretty egregious miss IMO.

Blog Entries

I think Vick clone is harsh, he's a better passer than Vick, even if this year he's a bit off. It is a concern with how his running is affecting his fitness, but they really should concentrate more on his passing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    I think Vick clone is harsh, he's a better passer than Vick, even if this year he's a bit off. It is a concern with how his running is affecting his fitness, but they really should concentrate more on his passing.
    RG-III is much more accurate than Vick ever was, but their games are definitely similar.

I think that is why the comparison is there. Vick can't stay healthy because he gets the crap kicked out of him every week...certainly seems like RG-III is going that way too.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    RG-III is much more accurate than Vick ever was, but their games are definitely similar.

I think that is why the comparison is there. Vick can't stay healthy because he gets the crap kicked out of him every week...certainly seems like RG-III is going that way too.
    Yes. This is what I was refering to by making the comparison.

Mobile, athletic QB who has the legs to make the game more dynamic but is often injured because of said legs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

That's more an indictment of the way he's being used and his mentality really. When you see your QB take the kind of hits he has taken you should start thinking about how you can protect him more, and he needs to start thinking about how he can protect himself more. It'd be crazy to shackle him, but they really need to focus more on him as a pocket passer.

Kinda hard to re-invent him I think. Or easier said than done. That's why Luck has so much brighter a future. Luck could be a quite a running QB if he wanted but he learned to be a pocket passer early.