Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens 'deep' in the process of trying to trade for a WR

Only reason for a trade for a WR means they are going to say screw the run game. ( which is a good thing).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    If they're going to trade for an offensive weapon, IMO the only guy who is apparently on the block that I'd be legitimately interested in is Jordan Cameron. I have NO idea why Cleveland would want to let him go, but apparently they're listening to offers for him. Again, they won't trade to the Ravens, but the Ravens would be a vastly better team with him at TE.
    Thats the only guy listed in the article i have any real interest in and like you say, its unlikely they trade him to us anyway.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

This is the only time that I really have to question what the Front Office is doing. Hello...... WE NEED A CENTER.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    they arent picking up that contract... period. cap hits of 18, 21.25, 18.25, 15 and 15 reamining after this season.
    If come May, CLE is convinced that they can move up to get their franchise QB (Bridgewater, Carr, whomever) then they'll be after Fitz hot-and-heavy. Especially, if they can deal Gordon for a high pick. Loaded with picks + $26M in cap.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    they arent picking up that contract... period. cap hits of 18, 21.25, 18.25, 15 and 15 reamining after this season.
    A lot of that the cards would be on for as it's guaranteed, a team trading him will on,y be on for his salaries, which could be reneigiated if he wants to win over money.

Still not holding my breath

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Chicago. Chicago thought KC (please correct me if I'm wrong) was going to take Gabe Carimi. Right before the pick was in, they got word that KC was going after Baldwin and balked on the trade with the Ravens.
    BTW, the Bears offered their 4th round pick to move up before they backed-out... Bc

Although most will disagree I hope they can fleece the Jags into giving up Blackmon for little to nothing.

I realize he is one step away from a year banishment, but he also has the cheapest contract out of everyone available I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    If it aint Fitz i aint even interested and theres no way we could pull that with the cap we have we would go directly to cap jail.
    Agreed. Any trade has to be for Fitz. No other WR would seem worth it. Not even Nicks IMO.

Blog Entries

If they traded for someone like Fitz, they'd have to shred that contract and completely re-do it...which is something the Ravens generally haven't done a lot of (mid-season contract stuff).
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

WR? Please. Probably just trying to drive up the price on the Patriots.

If anything we pick up a Center or a Tight End who can actually catch and block. Watching Lamar Miller getting around the edge yesterday against New England it seemed to me if we had a physical TE who can block and catch, we could get the RBs out of the swamp in the middle, and out on the edge some. That might even help loosen up the middle for us a wee bit more.

But we can't run wide if nobody out wide can block in space. Which compounds the problems we are having in the middle..

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    If they traded for someone like Fitz, they'd have to shred that contract and completely re-do it...which is something the Ravens generally haven't done a lot of (mid-season contract stuff).
    That is true but I also think Fitz is in the stage of his career where he wants to win and be part of a winning organization. He has also seen Q leave and come and win a superbowl, so it may be something both sides are willing to do.

Although it is a stretch, Fitz would look damn good in purple.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ash55 View Post
    Although most will disagree I hope they can fleece the Jags into giving up Blackmon for little to nothing.

I realize he is one step away from a year banishment, but he also has the cheapest contract out of everyone available I believe.

I think this could happen. Someone will grab him.