Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Bye Week Game Thread

First and foremost, I have to give the Cincinnati Bengals credit. This year, they are winning the close games they usually lose and they followed up last week's performance with a strong start today, where they might have played uninspired in years passed, following last week's victory in Detroit.

Dallas and Detroit pretty much ended the way I expected. This is the story of Dallas.

New York made it work today in Philadelphia. In that division, they still have a chance. They are the one team in that conference even, that is the most dangerous when they are hot.

Atlanta's deficiencies did not magically go away and Matt Ryan is another QB struggling with a lack of weapons.

I expected Miami to blow it, but not that badly.

Cleveland hung in their with KC who, at one point or another, is going to have to put up more offense.

As I type this, Sio Moore (My guy), sacks Ben.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: Bye Week Game Thread

So far, I'm even more depressed...

Steelers absolutely imploding @ Raiders. WHY COULDN'T THAT HAVE BEEN US LAST WEEK?!

Redskins up big IN DENVER? How did we give up 7 TDs to the Broncos again?

Bengals trouncing Jets. This would make me feel better about Jets game, but I bet that game is a one score margin, because it's how we always play.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    So far, I'm even more depressed...

Steelers absolutely imploding @ Raiders. WHY COULDN'T THAT HAVE BEEN US LAST WEEK?!

Redskins up big IN DENVER? How did we give up 7 TDs to the Broncos again?

Bengals trouncing Jets. This would make me feel better about Jets game, but I bet that game is a one score margin, because it's how we always play.
    I think Manning's got two effed up ankles.

For real on the Steelers. I've been wondering why Suisham picked this weekend to miss two field goals...

Blog Entries

I can't lie, I'm pretty excited. Every game has been a nailbiter this season till today. Bengals up 35-9 as I type this.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

First, Manning gets empty handed, then throws a pick six. Of course, he comes right back and leads a TD drive.

Suisham misses two and Pittsburgh looks totally unprepared for Terrell Pryor.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Atlanta's struggling and their defense can't bail them out. A total failure to contain led to a long TD run by Ellington.

Blog Entries

DeCastro hurt again. He was just starting to get himself together too.

Blog Entries

Denarius Moore has really stepped his game up. That coaching staff has talked about his improved work ethic and it is showing.

Blog Entries

Jacoby Ford must work for the Steelers, because he is pulling some dumb shit. I mean some really dumb shit.

The Bengals are embarrassing the Jets.

Didn't expect that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.