Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Blog Entries

Re: A bit of perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac in Va View Post
    Lol... At the beginning of the season I genuinely thought Jackson would help Matty "Not So Nice" put up better numbers and be "that guy" but the Falcons are looking more and more like an unsupervised dumpster fire with him at the helm.
    a lot of that has to do with injuries. Both their star WRs have been hurt and yesterday was Jackson's first game in a while, the only receiving target is Gonzalez. They put all of their eggs in the offense and now that it's down, the D can't win games for them.

But not going to kid anyone, it's fun to watch them struggle...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Absolutely.

This Pats team reminds me some of those early 2000's Pats teams that relied on the run game, had one of the best bend but don't break defenses that got a lot of turnovers, had little star power and almost always won ugly.
    It's not so much that they almost always won ugly: they just had the knack of almost always winning.

That early '00s Pats teams would win a shoot-out 34-31 one week, and then eke out a 9-6 squeaker the next. If you were a power football, ball control team, they'd slog it out in the trenches with you, and Brady and the 9-11 guys who would have a reception accounted in the box score would make enough plays to put them over the top.

I used to get hammered for saying I thought Brady was better than Manning in those days, but Manning would have 4-6 receivers at the end of a game with a catch, and Brady would have 9+. Manning was running an offensive system, and Brady was finding the open man. Manning had Harrison, Wayne, and Clark, and Brady had....whathisname and whowasthat.

Blog Entries

There is a drastic drop off in ability at the QB position, that is far more significant than other positions. In the NFL, coaches can only get away with masking that drop off for about a year, two at the most. Matt Cassell and Mark Sanchez come to mind respectively.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore