Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens Make Costly Blunder?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    I'm not going to argue Obama's signature health care law law here, I participate in other forums I frequent that are more appropriate IMO. What I will say it is a polarizing political issue with many people on both sides of the fence. As a entertainment entity I question the need to pick sides in a very divisive political issue the people have strong strong opinions. Ultimately it's Biscotti's team and he's a smart man, it's his call.
    Could not agree more ... well, maybe I could in post #20 :)

Blog Entries

Ultimately it's Biscotti's team and he's a smart man, it's his call.
    Could not agree more as well.

I'm not going to argue Obama's signature health care law here, I participate in other forums I frequent that are more appropriate IMO. What I will say it is a polarizing political issue with many people on both sides of the fence. As a entertainment entity I question the need to pick sides in a very divisive political issue when people have strong opinions on it. Ultimately it's Biscotti's team and he's a smart man, it's his call.
    Yes, Bisciotti correctly realized Ravens fans who think Obamacare is a mistake are not going to hold it against him or the team in any measurable way (stop supporting the team or going to the games). And also that the team resides in Maryland, one of the bluest states in the union, so the support curries favor with the local political powers-that-be as well as pleases the majority of the electorate.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Yes, Bisciotti correctly realized Ravens fans who think Obamacare is a mistake are not going to hold it against him or the team in any measurable way (stop supporting the team or going to the games). And also that the team resides in Maryland, one of the bluest states in the union, so the support curries favor with the local political powers-that-be as well as pleases the majority of the electorate.
    Tony's other point, however, is the expansion of the fan base.

This stance limits that growth considerably for the reasons your correctly point out earlier.

Fans care about winning and you make new fans by winning and being fun to watch. I doubt any significant number of people who aren't fans of the Ravens now even know about it, and they likely won't remember it after they have their chance to tell everyone how dumb it is in whatever public fan forum they'd like.

While I totally agree that sports teams should stay out of politics, they do so all the time.

Owners donate to different causes, political parties and campaigns on a yearly basis...including Bisciotti.

Sorry, this isn't a big deal and it will be totally forgotten in a year. Hell, the previous thread was forgotten by almost all and it was made like a month ago.

It's a nice talking point where people can do what they do best...huff and puff about how bad of an idea something is/was...and then forget about it and go right back to supporting the product.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Fans care about winning and you make new fans by winning and being fun to watch. I doubt any significant number of people who aren't fans of the Ravens now even know about it, and they likely won't remember it after they have their chance to tell everyone how dumb it is in whatever public fan forum they'd like.
    It was on Drudgereport.com, a site that gets millions upon millions upon millions of views, per day.
    http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/drudgereport.com

While I totally agree that sports teams should stay out of politics, they do so all the time.

Owners donate to different causes, political parties and campaigns on a yearly basis...including Bisciotti.
    Privately and publicly are two different things.

Sorry, this isn't a big deal and it will be totally forgotten in a year. Hell, the previous thread was forgotten by almost all and it was made like a month ago.

It's a nice talking point where people can do what they do best...huff and puff about how bad of an idea something is/was...and then forget about it and go right back to supporting the product.

I don't think it's a HUGE deal, either. But definitely not the best idea.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    It was on Drudgereport.com, a site that gets millions upon millions upon millions of views, per day.
    http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/drudgereport.com

Privately and publicly are two different things.

I don't think it's a HUGE deal, either. But definitely not the best idea.
    Never said nobody would see it. Said the vast majority would forget about it after declaring how stupid or not they think it is.

I never said it was a good idea, I'm just addressing the idea that Bisciotti is somehow putting the growth of the fan base at risk.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Never said nobody would see it. Said the vast majority would forget about it after declaring how stupid or not they think it is.

I never said it was a good idea, I'm just addressing the idea that Bisciotti is somehow putting the growth of the fan base at risk.

Not to split hairs, you actually said "I doubt any significant number of people who aren't fans of the Ravens now even know about it", which just isn't true.

Do I think Biscotti put the growth of the fan base at risk? First, I don't care who else is a Ravens fan. But could it hurt the growth of the fan base, sure it could. How much? Too many factors to say really.

Steelers have followed suit now.

They too will be advertising Obamacare.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Steelers have followed suit now.

They too will be advertising Obamacare.
    Further proof of how stupid a decision it is.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Not to split hairs, you actually said "I doubt any significant number of people who aren't fans of the Ravens now even know about it", which just isn't true.

Do I think Biscotti put the growth of the fan base at risk? First, I don't care who else is a Ravens fan. But could it hurt the growth of the fan base, sure it could. How much? Too many factors to say really.
    Bad wording on my part.

Blog Entries

Bad wording on my part.

No worries. Just making sure if you were basing your thought process off of no one would see it, that you knew a lot of people actually would.