Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Can we end the Gradkowski at Center experiment?

Filmstudy's latest article really seals it for me. I wanted to see Gradkowski improve at center, but he's staying the same or getting worse.

http://russellstreetreport.com/films...gles-continue/

Gradkowski: I’d encourage anyone who is observing the debate over Gradkowski to simply watch for a game on NFL rewind or from your own DVR. To maximize transparency, here are all of his negative scoring plays from this game for your review:

(Q1, 12:25) He was bulled straight back by McClendon for a pressure.
    (Q1, 11:47) He was beaten by a stunt, then a spin move by Worilds which disrupted Flacco and gave Woodley time to deliver a slow-developing QH shared with Oher.
    (Q1, 0:50) On 3rd and 1, McClendon penetrated past Gino’s right arm to take down Rice for a loss of 1.
    (Q2, 6:23) He was bulled into Flacco by McLendon for a pressure.
    (Q3, 11:55) He and Yanda were jointly bulled by Heyward for a pressure.
    (Q3, 11:49) The Ravens zone blocked to the right and Polomalu flew by his face to take down Rice for a loss of 2.
    (Q4, 13:56) He was bulled by Heyward (who Osemele initially missed) for a shared pressure.
    (Q4, 7:37) He was bulled by Ziggy Hood to flush Flacco left on a play he completed to Jones for a gain of 8.

Scoring: 49 blocks, 4 missed, 2 penetrations, 4 pressures (3 + 2 x ½), 1/2 QH, 35.5 points (.58 per play). That’s another F and .19 per play short of a D- at center.

Blog Entries

Re: Can we end the Gradkowski at Center experiment?

Either the coaching staff isn't putting him in position to succeed or he is simply not ready to play at this level. Either way I think for now, its time to move on. Maybe the light will switch on during the offseason but at this point its foolhardy to continue to allow our season to be sabotaged by his ineptness.

I think we'll some changes along the o-line after the bye week in terms of starting personnel and schemes. Those changes, though, will be kept under secret until that unit takes the field in Cleveland. I agree that it might be time for a change at center. Keep an eye on Ryan Jensen.

I agree that Gradkowski has stunk it up, but who else to replace him? AQ Shipley was horrible in the preaseason and actually lost the center battle to Gradkowski. Some will point to his record when he played with the Colts, however, he had an entirely different tandem of talent around him, and isn't fair to compare apples to oranges.
    At this point, I just don't have any other suggestions as one guy is probably just as bad, if not worse than the other.

Blog Entries

Well... They do have Reggie Stephens on the PS.

Could he be any worse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

what gives me hope about shippley is how well he did last season in the games he started and that when he came in at guard during the Miami game once he settled in he played well besides a fat ass lazy ass mckinnie. I just don't get the infatuation with Jensen who hasn't done a thing yet in the NFL. People say in preseason he stunk it up but look who he had to work with beside him?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    what gives me hope about shippley is how well he did last season in the games he started and that when he came in at guard during the Miami game once he settled in he played well besides a fat ass lazy ass mckinnie. I just don't get the infatuation with Jensen who hasn't done a thing yet in the NFL. People say in preseason he stunk it up but look who he had to work with beside him?
    And maybe why he struggled in preseason was due to the scheme they were running

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Well... They do have Reggie Stephens on the PS.

Could he be any worse?

forgot about him. He's a big stout dude too but hasn't really caught on in the pros. Right now they should be open to anything

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I think Shipley has a chance to be an improvement at Center. During the preseason, they were working on the scheme that we've all condemned for this team's mentality. Indy ran man last year. If they go back to man, Shipley should be alright.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

To me it seems like Jensen is their answer. I just don't understand why they wouldn't stop the roster carousel and put him on IR if they didn't think he had something to contribute this year.

Blog Entries

Did anyone notice Film Study gave Oher an F but upgraded it to D because he faced Woodley who kept pushing him back too, just like Gino. If you missed it here it is.

http://russellstreetreport.com/films...gles-continue/

Blog Entries

A certain coach on the defense said he was awful before the season started like i stated à month ago.. Thier is a disconnect on the coaching staff and FO in the organization.