Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dean Pees

Blog Entries

Re: Dean Pees

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    So if it were 0-0 going into that final Pitt drive and the D failed to get a stop, you'd blame them then too?
    Yes. But not as much. We needed plays in the clutch, and didn't make them. That's no longer in their DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Yes. But not as much. We needed plays in the clutch, and didn't make them. That's no longer in their DNA.
    Plays in the clutch? I think you need to start a thread on Jim Caldwell then.

Blog Entries

They also got another turnover yesterday

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    So if it were 0-0 going into that final Pitt drive and the D failed to get a stop, you'd blame them then too?
    Clearly, the blame would fall on Harbs for not putting in Tyrod Taylor in at halftime :bag:
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

I do think the D is holding it own. ARod is just a baller. But Finley and Jordy should've been doubled on a must stop drive. That's on coach not players. Our Run D was straight soft, and the sqeelers took advantage. I love Smith in middle but he also got washed a lot. McClain played a lot. Where was Brown with his speed.? The D line looked it worst last night. No push.

But I think this D is holding it's own overall. We need the O to carry us. If this D ever get a 10 pt lead, they can do what they do best a lot more.

I will say Pees has a lot of pieces, more then last yr, to fit and play with. He has to get better too. And smarter. We in good shape so far. We only can get better I hope.
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Twitter Bmore Finest

I just despise the fact that we don't press.

Virtually all of the good pass defenses jam and reroute guys...regardless of pass rush.

I hate bail technique by today's CB's. Everybody is so terrified of getting beat deep...an easier way IMHO to stop guys from getting on top of you is to get your hands on them at the LOS.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

The Steelers had second and third stringers on that offensive line, they should have been dominated up front. They should not have been allowed to score on 5 of 7 drives.

It's clear as day to me that Haloti is hurt. I don't know about the rest of the guys.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Seems like we have an inordinate amount of big men & rbs hurt.

KO, Yanda, Ngata, Cody. Rice, Pierce

I know this is just me being incredibly cynical, but is this par for the course post-superbowl?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I just despise the fact that we don't press.

Virtually all of the good pass defenses jam and reroute guys...regardless of pass rush.

I hate bail technique by today's CB's. Everybody is so terrified of getting beat deep...an easier way IMHO to stop guys from getting on top of you is to get your hands on them at the LOS.
    And on those cutesy plays with Ben split out wide, somebody should have knocked him into next week at the line. They did it four times and I never saw us put a hat on him once.

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    Where the heck has Haloti been?

MIA all season long.
    He's getting doubled and nobody is stepping up around him to stop the run game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bpmurr View Post
    He's getting doubled and nobody is stepping up around him to stop the run game.
    I don't know if I buy that or not.

Art jones has been playing well as has Canty and Spears.

The Steelers had Fernando Vasco as their starting center and two reserve tackles.

This front 7 should have dominate them from start to finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    When you hold a team, any team, to 19 points, you're doing your job as a defensive coordinator.
    Not really. They were only held to 19 points because both teams methodically plodded down the field multiple times. They only forced a SINGLE punt in this game. That is not doing your job, even if it's the Broncos you are facing, much less the anemic Steelers offense.