Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: KO will need back surgery after the season.

Makes me wonder if they are just trying to buy time until Jensen can go 100%. He goes in a LG and KO gets IR'd?

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Thanks for the professional analysis.

Any guesses on how he got it?
    Overweight?

He was also taken out of a game for back spasms. What causes that. I've
    had them for over a week now and I'm just getting over them. They hurt
    like hell.

Like posted, he probably had it since beginning of training camp.
    He got it from any number of things, most notably football. He is a big dude who takes a pounding. It usually is an accumulation of many small trauma's not one big event. That's why you always hear about a person who says "All I did was bend over to pick up my keys and my back went out!" It's not the bending over to get the keys that did it, it's the literally thousands of things you did like learning to walk, ride a bike, falling off the swings, falling down the steps when there was ice, the fender bender in high school, the 60,000 impacts from a linebacker or d-lineman over 4 years of college, etc. They all add up, and some people can take it and some people can't.

As for back spasms, when you have them, you usually have an underlying injury and the muscles are trying like hell to limit the motion where the irritation is. They try to literally splint the area in order to reduce the range of motion and keep you from hurting the area more. They can only do it for so long until they fatigue from all the effort, and wham, back spasms. They suck.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YorkRavensFan View Post
    Makes me wonder if they are just trying to buy time until Jensen can go 100%. He goes in a LG and KO gets IR'd?
    Looks that way, dunnit?

Actually Reid may be a better option than KO at this point IF they're truly going back to last year's blocking scheme. I have a feeling that Jah just wasn't getting the Zapata Bloqueno Schema at all...not that anyone else did much better...

And FTR Harbaugh ought to be ashamed of himself for even the hint of an insinuation that KO is Gaither 2.0. I'd like to give Coach a herniated disc & tell him to "fight through it"--it might open his eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Looks that way, dunnit?

Actually Reid may be a better option than KO at this point IF they're truly going back to last year's blocking scheme. I have a feeling that Jah just wasn't getting the Zapata Bloqueno Schema at all...not that anyone else did much better...

And FTR Harbaugh ought to be ashamed of himself for even the hint of an insinuation that KO is Gaither 2.0. I'd like to give Coach a herniated disc & tell him to "fight through it"--it might open his eyes.
    Maybe the coach see's the medical reports and knows something we don't. If the guy has a herniated disc, I doubt heavily that he would be cleared to play.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    Maybe the coach see's the medical reports and knows something we don't. If the guy has a herniated disc, I doubt heavily that he would be cleared to play.
    I doubt it too. However Pittsburgh had James Harrison play with one, or was it just bulging?