Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Onside Kick

Re: The Onside Kick

I don't care about the percentages, win probability, or any other BS you want to use to support that call.

That link doesn't take any account whatsoever of what was going on in THIS game, with THIS team, or the situation at hand. It was a dumb, desperation type of call, and a strong argument could be made that it cost the Ravens the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    The last 2 weeks there have been some very questionable coaching decisions, and no I don't hate Harbs, but he doesn't get a pass.
    His decision making is fine. And don't say: "even if it worked it was the wrong call".

Quote Originally Posted by TakingBackSunday View Post
    I don't care about the percentages, win probability, or any other BS you want to use to support that call.
    Lol. Perfect example of this:

people are going to think what they think, stats be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    His decision making is fine. And don't say: "even if it worked it was the wrong call".
    To me it showed no faith in the team and gave them a short field and an easy score. If it worked it would have been lucky, it's a very low percentage call.

Blog Entries

I'm aware of the stats and I like aggressive playcalling but with that much time left in the 4th I don't think it was the right thing to do. Obviously, hindsight is 20/20 but I'd still be questioning it even if they got the ball back.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    He's literally lost two games with his decisions...
    No. The team has lost games with their collective failure to play consistently on offense, block anyone effectively in the run game, contain anyone on special teams, and stop anyone on defense with the game on the line. The two decisions - 4th and goal vs. Green Bay and the onsides kick today - aren't the reasons for the last two losses.

Something to think about...did Harbs call the onsides b/c 1) he has no damn idea of the probability, and 2) in every practice since July, the team has executed it incredibly poorly?

Execute dammit.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    To me it showed no faith in the team and gave them a short field and an easy score. If it worked it would have been lucky, it's a very low percentage call.
    Yeah you didn't read the OP at all.

You guys can quote stats all you want if that makes you feel better. But the fact remains, those stats have nothing to do with THIS game.

So feel free to compare apples to dingleberries all you want, I'll be over here in what I like to call "reality" and call a dumb call for exactly what it is.

Not putting it out the end zone on the kickoff after the touchdown was the mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    I don't even care about the exact probabilities (though I was aware that the success rate is higher than most think).

I care about the fact our defense was letting up multiple-first down, multi-minute drives every time, even if they eventually buckled down and held them to 3.

Perfectly fine with that call by Harbaugh, and I would be even if the league-wide success rate was a bit lower.

Heck the 4th and 1 call was great as well. It effectively gave our offense a whole extra "drive" to get 4 more points, and they couldn't do it.
    Harbs just almost verbatim said this in the presser.

Basically he said "3 points didn't matter, we'd still need at TD to win and we wanted to grab an extra possession. The defense was struggling giving up long drives and we weren't getting enough possessions for our offense."

Stupid move, even those half drunk knew it AT THE TIME.