Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mike Evans

Re: Mike Evans

Assuming Monroe is extended, I don't understand how you'd pass on Watkins for an OT or Evans.

McShay, Kiper, NFL Draft Scout, and Scout.com all have Watkins ahead of Evans. He's better at every aspect of the game other than being tall.

This is coming from someone who'd be very happy if we ended up with Evans.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    Assuming Monroe is extended, I don't understand how you'd pass on Watkins for an OT or Evans.

McShay, Kiper, NFL Draft Scout, and Scout.com all have Watkins ahead of Evans. He's better at every aspect of the game other than being tall.

This is coming from someone who'd be very happy if we ended up with Evans.
    I'd be excited with either and I definitely think they are two of the best players in this coming draft.

I just know that the Ravens are unlikely to draft a receiver in round 1 when they'll probably have the opportunity to draft one of the top tackles on the board.

Michael Oher is a FA. He's probably going to get big $$$ from some other team who is desperate for a left tackle. Odds are, Oher won't be a Raven next year. They could go with Ricky Wagner, but if they have the opportunity to get one of the top tackles on the board then that's what they'll do.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Personally I view Evans as much better than Watkins because of his size, body control, and hands. In the NFL you usually can't just can't open by speed alone, and in almost all cases in order to be dominant you need amazing size. Evans has that ability to be dominant because he has the body size and knows how to come down with the ball in contested coverage. He's almost like a mix between Boldin and Dez Bryant in my opinion and if I were to pick one guy then Brandon Marshall. I don't think his lack of elite speed will be a big problem.
    Last edited by landshark52; 11-02-2013 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by landshark52 View Post
    Personally I view Evans as much better than Watkins because of his size, body control, and hands. In the NFL you usually can't just can't open by speed alone, and in almost all cases in order to be dominant you need amazing size. Evans has that ability to be dominant because he has the body size and knows how to come down with the ball in contested coverage. He's almost like a mix between Boldin and Dez Bryant in my opinion and if I were to pick one guy then Brandon Marshall. I don't think his lack of elite speed will be a big problem.
    I'd argue that Watkins has better body control and hands than Evans.

I also think the 'in almost all cases in order to be dominant you need amazing size' comment is nonsense. Reggie Wayne, Steve Smith, Roddy White, Wes Welker, Marvin Harrison, and Chad Johnson are all guys that dominated for long stretches recently without amazing size. (that's not even getting into the old school Jerry Rices and Tim Browns of the world)

IMHO, Watkins is clearly the best receiver in this class...he has and can do everything. I get what Wiked is saying about him and Torrey, but I think Watkins can be a suped up version of Torrey...and I thin Watkins does bring significant potential to do things Torrey doesn't such as breaking tackles and has more YAC potential IMHO.

I just don't think there is any way we'd have a shot at him even if we continue to struggle.

I do like Evans too and he'd be a nice consolation prize if we wind up drafting in the middle of the first...I do want to see Evans run at the combine, and also having Manziel scramble so much and not throw on rhythm so often prevents me from seeing how well Evans does on his initial routes...JFF turns so many plays into scramble drills.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by Raveninwoodlawn; 11-03-2013 at 12:27 AM.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.