Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Ravens' Top 3 Team Needs, 2014 Draft and Beyond

Wild not be opposed to James hurst for right tackle. Seems athletic, can run and pass block, cut blocks a lot which is key in zbs.

Blog Entries

Jace Amaro

I'd love De Anthony Thomas in the third. He'd do so much for our offense as a running back and receiving threat. Can also return kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Jace Amaro
    Haven't seen much of him as a blocker, no doubt a great talent as a reviving threat, but I'd rather have a more in line tight end like cj, so pitta can play from the slot

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    I'd love De Anthony Thomas in the third. He'd do so much for our offense as a running back and receiving threat. Can also return kicks.
    He and Dri Archer would be very good small but speedy change of pace weapons.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    He and Dri Archer would be very good small but speedy change of pace weapons.
    What rounds would you expect, or the "experts" are predicting them to go? Haven't gotten into the draft research at all until I watch some jade amaro, James hurst and Thomas today

DAT has a 4th round grade at CBS and they don't rank Archer yet. Mocking the draft has DAT as their 8th best RB with Archer 16th.

From watching DAT a ton, I'd say that he'd be a good slot receiver but is unpolished in his route running since he's normally lined up at RB at Oregon. (Dumb in my opinion. On the same team, Josh Huff started out like DAT but when DAT came along he got pushed to WR where he's developed nicely. I'd take Huff over DAT in the slot: not quite as fast but a hell of a lot tougher and knows how to get separation. Huff has a 4th round grade at the moment and I expect him to get graded higher.) As a RB DAT is strictly change of pace as he is easy to bring down since he's so light. If he gets in space watch out but a team has to get him that space.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    What rounds would you expect, or the "experts" are predicting them to go? Haven't gotten into the draft research at all until I watch some jade amaro, James hurst and Thomas today
    I actually expect Thomas to be overdrafted...he is a tremendous athlete, but where do you play him? I see him being a faster version of LaMichael James to be honest. I think Oregon may have done him a bit of a disservice by having him almost exclusively play RB this year when there is no way in hell he can play RB in the pros. He needs to be able to play WR at the next level. I think his ceiling is a throw back player...anybody remember Eric Metcalf? That's exactly who I see...a very talented player who teams are going to really struggle to find a position for in the pros other than kick returner. Metcalf didn't really become more than a return guy until he got to Atlanta in the run and shoot where he would naturally be in space on every snap.

All that being said, I think Thomas will be a mid second round pick...which IMHO is overdrafting based on my opinion that teams are really going to struggle finding a role for him other than returner but teams will fall in love with him again when he absolutely destroys his workouts.

As for Archer, I thought he'd be right there with Thomas as a guy who would be overdrafted as he faces many of the same size issues as Thomas and Tavon Austin (he's actually smaller) but has incredible quicks, speed and open field ability. But he didn't really produce anywhere close to the level he did last year...I'm not sure why. But he is a talent and he looks like a Darren Sproles clone. I think he will go in the 3rd to middle of the 4th.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I actually expect Thomas to be overdrafted...he is a tremendous athlete, but where do you play him? I see him being a faster version of LaMichael James to be honest. I think Oregon may have done him a bit of a disservice by having him almost exclusively play RB this year when there is no way in hell he can play RB in the pros. He needs to be able to play WR at the next level. I think his ceiling is a throw back player...anybody remember Eric Metcalf? That's exactly who I see...a very talented player who teams are going to really struggle to find a position for in the pros other than kick returner. Metcalf didn't really become more than a return guy until he got to Atlanta in the run and shoot where he would naturally be in space on every snap.

All that being said, I think Thomas will be a mid second round pick...which IMHO is overdrafting based on my opinion that teams are really going to struggle finding a role for him other than returner but teams will fall in love with him again when he absolutely destroys his workouts.

As for Archer, I thought he'd be right there with Thomas as a guy who would be overdrafted as he faces many of the same size issues as Thomas and Tavon Austin (he's actually smaller) but has incredible quicks, speed and open field ability. But he didn't really produce anywhere close to the level he did last year...I'm not sure why. But he is a talent and he looks like a Darren Sproles clone. I think he will go in the 3rd to middle of the 4th.
    :word

I'm not really interested in the for Baltimore.

Like others said above, I'd rather go for Cooks or Huff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I think DL could be a target early, you look at how last years draft class is excelling and making huge differences on their teams. Sheldon Richardson, kawann short, lotulilei. We have depth at the position but outside of ngata we do not have someone who can take advantage of man to man blocking.
    Is this CJ fed guy really as good as everyone is saying? I haven't watched tape yet but I was wondering if he would actually be the BPA when the ravens pick. Also I don't know why but I see Carolina doing everything they can to get DAT he would fit right in that offense.

Blog Entries

Ravens' Top 3 Team Needs, 2014 Draft and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by JCroUSAF View Post
    I think DL could be a target early, you look at how last years draft class is excelling and making huge differences on their teams. Sheldon Richardson, kawann short, lotulilei. We have depth at the position but outside of ngata we do not have someone who can take advantage of man to man blocking.
    Is this CJ fed guy really as good as everyone is saying? I haven't watched tape yet but I was wondering if he would actually be the BPA when the ravens pick. Also I don't know why but I see Carolina doing everything they can to get DAT he would fit right in that offense.
    There really aren't any DL'men that I'm super in love with in round 1. Or should I say "when the Ravens pick". Most of the top guys will be long gone.

There are a couple of decent guys though. This year has A LOT of pass rushers. No one like Lotulelei or Sheldon Richardson though. Ra'Shede Hageman, Stephon Tuitt and Louis Nix III are probably the top DT candidates.

And yes, I think CJF is the real deal at TE. Austin Seferian-Jenkins probably has the most upside, but his off field issues are concerning when thinking he is a first round player. Ebron and Amaro are two other athletic tight ends. Amaro has nice hands and speed. He is basically a big receiver. Ebron is super athletic, but his hands are iffy.

IMO, CJ Fiedorowicz is the best TE prospect for the Ravens in this draft. He isn't anywhere near the athlete that Seferian-Jenkins or Ebron are, but he is a lot quicker than folks think. He is an excellent blocker and he has ideal size at 6'7" 260lbs. He is built like Gronkowski, but I think his skills lend more towards a Heath Miller or a Brent Celek. He has nice hands and is a major red zone target as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I think Tuitt will be available for where we're likely to be picking (probably anywhere between 16-25). He would be a solid pick in the 1st rd.