EBT Glitch in Louisiana

Good thing this didn't happen around a large city like Baltimore or Philly.

http://news.msn.com/us/wal-mart-xero...d-stamps-spree

Wal-Mart Stores Inc and Xerox Corp blamed each other on Monday after Louisiana food stamp recipients stripped bare the shelves of some Walmart stores when a computer glitch left their debit cards with no limits.

Managers of Wal-Mart stores in the small, north Louisiana towns of Springhill and Mansfield alerted police on Saturday night that throngs of shoppers had flooded into the stores and were buying groceries using electronic benefit cards that contained no credit limits.

Re: EBT Glitch in Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by JStruds View Post

Wal-Mart Stores Inc and Xerox Corp blamed each other on Monday after Louisiana food stamp recipients stripped bare the shelves of some Walmart stores when a computer glitch left their debit cards with no limits.

Managers of Wal-Mart stores in the small, north Louisiana towns of Springhill and Mansfield alerted police on Saturday night that throngs of shoppers had flooded into the stores and were buying groceries using electronic benefit cards that contained no credit limits.
    Those people are going to realize how stupid that was when they don't get funded for however many months it'll take to pay the state back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JStruds View Post

The flood of people may not have happened, but certainly area stores had the same glitch going on. I noticed 3-4 places on Saturday had signs outside mentioning that due to a technical issue, they could not accept EBT cards until further notice. Looks like they noticed the outage and followed protocol.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    The flood of people may not have happened, but certainly area stores had the same glitch going on. I noticed 3-4 places on Saturday had signs outside mentioning that due to a technical issue, they could not accept EBT cards until further notice. Looks like they noticed the outage and followed protocol.
    Interesting. In that case, it seems like the Walmarts in LA are going to have trouble blaming the problem completely on Xerox.