Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How Underrated is Webb?

So I saw that his 31 game(including playoffs) streak is over.
    I would love to see a comparison to other top corners, especially all the pro-bowlers, to see their stats in that period.
    Unbelievable that the man has never even been an alternate.
    Wheres the justice...is it small-school bias? Hope not
    Sure, he got his money, and a ring.
    I want him to get the league-wide and public recognition he deserves.

Re: How Underrated is Webb?

And was that even a TD on his part? I know he bit on play action, but where was the safety help deep? Were they caught up with Finley?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    And was that even a TD on his part? I know he bit on play action, but where was the safety help deep? Were they caught up with Finley?
    It was his fault. If he didnt bite on the playaction id chaulk it up to just being a good play and our safety not being able to be two places at once, but since he did i cant say its not his fault.

I think webb has been playing good, but i dont think hes been playing as well as he had prior to the injury so i dont think hes not getting his respect. He was on the verge of Elite and now hes a very good DB. Very good DBs dont get a lot of hype, sometimes they dont even get love from their own fan base (see Jimmy Smith).
    -JAB

Blog Entries

It was broken coverage all around. Both Webb and Ihedigbo bit on the PA fake.

Elam has been playing a lot better, but Ihedigbo leaves a lot to be desired as a coverage safety. Dude can hit and play the run though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    It was his fault. If he didnt bite on the playaction id chaulk it up to just being a good play and our safety not being able to be two places at once, but since he did i cant say its not his fault.

I think webb has been playing good, but i dont think hes been playing as well as he had prior to the injury so i dont think hes not getting his respect. He was on the verge of Elite and now hes a very good DB. Very good DBs dont get a lot of hype, sometimes they dont even get love from their own fan base (see Jimmy Smith).
    That was a hell of a play action though. Rodgers hid the ball effectively and slowed down like he was out the play for a second or two. Great acting job selling it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    It was broken coverage all around. Both Webb and Ihedigbo bit on the PA fake.

Elam has been playing a lot better, but Ihedigbo leaves a lot to be desired as a coverage safety. Dude can hit and play the run though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    your right. I didnt realize Hedigbo wasnt lined up on that play. he didnt bite on the fake, but he did bite on the underneath route across the middle which was guarded pretty well as it was. Ill give him equal blame on that one. Thats also assuming that it was Hedigbo on that side hard to tell on the small video i rewatched but i believe Elam was on the right side.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 10-15-2013 at 01:34 PM.
    -JAB

I saw something written about the play and it was on Webb. They were playing quarters and he had man coverage. Not 100% certain what that means. The only thing concerning to me is that Webb did not have the recovery speed he used to have. He could not make up the distance at all. I did not think that nelson was that fast. I am sure it will take Webb a little while to get back to where he was prior to the latest injury.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    I saw something written about the play and it was on Webb. They were playing quarters and he had man coverage. Not 100% certain what that means. The only thing concerning to me is that Webb did not have the recovery speed he used to have. He could not make up the distance at all. I did not think that nelson was that fast. I am sure it will take Webb a little while to get back to where he was prior to the latest injury.
    Nelson is faster than people give him credit for. the difference in webbs 4.46 speed and nelsons 4.51 isnt much to begin with.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

CMAC was really underrated too.

Blog Entries

Funnily enough PFF have always been high on him, and well before the media talking heads cottoned on to how good he was.

I think that Webb is playing well especially in light of wildly inconsistent play from most of his teammates in the secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Quarters would mean that they are playing a cover 4, where the corners and the safeties each take a fourth of the field deep. Webb should be playing outside on him and feed him into Ihedigbo who should be playing deep inside. Webb hesitated because of the play fake and Ihedigbo attacked the underneath route, so I'd put it on both of them.

And Jordy has this reputation as a guy that's not that fast since he's white, but he actually has a lot of speed.

Lardarius is a guy I've always really liked. From 2011 until he got injured he was playing just as well as anybody on the team. He's been solid all year, but I think he had a pretty poor game Sunday.