Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Chris Lane

While I am not a fan of tit-for-tat racial score cards, I am concerned about the hypocrisy that surrounds race in the media and politics.

So there's not one shred of evidence that Zimmerman shot Trayvon out of racial prejudice yet a white guy is gunned down and we know one of the killers hated white people and .... crickets .... from the President? The media?

Thank God though The great Reverend is outraged ... err ... stunned (?) ... by what happened. His words about this senseless and racially motivated killing?

Rev Jesse Jackson Sr @RevJJackson

Praying for the family of Chris Lane. This senseless violence is frowned upon and the justice system must prevail.
    Frowned Upon? Wearing white socks with black pants is frowned upon. Gees.

Blog Entries

Re: If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Chris Lane

100% Agree I saw this on a comment section of a article

Jackson's Language on Trayvon Martin:

Jackson called Trayvon a "martyr" and said "martyrs have powers" and "He represents all of us"

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.UhT9_hawtR4

Jackson said Florida is the "selma of our time" and "apartheid state"
    http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/22...artin-comments

Jackson: "We need a national investigation of the racial context that led to Trayvon Martin’s slaying. Congress must act. And it’s time to call on the United Nations Human Rights Commission for an in-depth investigation of whether the U.S. is upholding its obligations under international human rights laws and treaties. Trayvon Martin’s death demands much more than a jury’s verdict on George Zimmerman."

http://www.suntimes.com/news/jackson...ins-death.html

On White Australian murdered by three black teens for no reason:
    "This senseless violence if frowned upon"

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    So there's not one shred of evidence that Zimmerman shot Trayvon out of racial prejudice yet a white guy is gunned down and we know one of the killers hated white people and .... crickets .... from the President? The media?
    Certainly a tragedy.

The police are reporting this was a "thrill killing", done out of "boredom". But I wonder if there is more to the story? I certainly find it disconcerting that when the police were told about the social media postings of one these "bored" teenagers that referenced "hating white people", he claimed to not to have known anything about them. These postings also reportedly showed pictures of thousands of dollars of cash.

Say what? I would think in today's age, you would want to review a suspect's social media postings just as much as you would want to search his car or house for more evidence of the crime, or other crimes, as well as evidence of motive and intent.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    But I wonder if there is more to the story?.
    There is. Like racists tweets by one of the murderers prior to the murder:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/n...-1226700172461

Blog Entries

I thought it could also be gang initiation, it may have well been.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/chris-la...822-2sdud.html

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I thought it could also be gang initiation, it may have well been.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/chris-la...822-2sdud.html
    I think is most likely both.

Blog Entries

Wouldn't surprise at all.

Police disagree with you.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

When you live in a country that has a centuries-long history of Race X oppressing/killing Race Y, yes, when a member of Race X kills Race Y in an era when everyone is hoping that kind of stuff no longer happens, it's going to make more news than when a member of Race Y (which historically did the suffering) kills a member of Race X.

Not saying it's fair, but I'm saying it makes sense. This thread is petty.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    When you live in a country that has a centuries-long history of Race X oppressing/killing Race Y, yes, when a member of Race X kills Race Y in an era when everyone is hoping that kind of stuff no longer happens, it's going to make more news than when a member of Race Y (which historically did the suffering) kills a member of Race X.

I'm sorry, but it stopped making sense some time ago. The odds are some time, some where a white guy will kill a black guy. And the fact is this case was examined more than a cancer survivor during a colonoscopy looking for race motivations and NONE WERE FOUND!

This was NEVER about race, at least the actual case wasn't. First off, there was no white guy involved. That seems kind of important. Second, race played no part according to all of the numerous investigations.

The race hustlers and scum bags that push down the blacks (yes, THEY push down the blacks) for their own cash benefit are the ones that need to be called out and forever ignored thereafter. I am talking about you, Sharpton*.

*Dude looks like some kind of Lizard Alien with that big head and minuscule body of his.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post

No, it makes no 'sense.' If Race X person kills Race Y person because of their race, then maybe you would have a point. Maybe. It would be debatable.

But when a half Race X person kills Race Y person because Race Y person is attacking him, with absolutely no racial component to the killing at all. Then no, your answer does not fly. And Emmett Till comparisons are wrong in every way.

The true explanation for this kind of thing is that there are despicable people who prefer to stir up racial animosity for political purposes (and in the case of some of the worst hucksters, for personal/professional as well as political reasons).

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I'm sorry, but it stopped making sense some time ago. The odds are some time, some where a white guy will kill a black guy. And the fact is this case was examined more than a cancer survivor during a colonoscopy looking for race motivations and NONE WERE FOUND!

This was NEVER about race, at least the actual case wasn't. First off, there was no white guy involved. That seems kind of important. Second, race played no part according to all of the numerous investigations.

The race hustlers and scum bags that push down the blacks (yes, THEY push down the blacks) for their own cash benefit are the ones that need to be called out and forever ignored thereafter. I am talking about you, Sharpton*.

*Dude looks like some kind of Lizard Alien with that big head and minuscule body of his.
    Your rant was too ranty for me to actually know what you were talking about here.

I don't even know what "case" you're referring to.