Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Sams charged with DUI

Un freakin beleivable.

I was watching 'Wired' last night. It ends with Billick giving them off until till Thursday to 'get their house in order'.

Hire a freaking driver.
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

2. Re: Sams charged with DUI

I said it over on YBR and I'll say it here. I don't care how good the guy can run, or how high he's ranked in the NFL in punt returns, this is DUI #2. This is a HUGE deal and needs to be addressed as harshly as possible.

I hope we dont wait until the league does something, and just sit his ass this week. What a jackass
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

I'm not going to comment on the drunk driving, but I will say thank god we kept Ross. Put him back there on punt and kick returns, no sense in possibly hurting Clayton.

There is absolutely no reason to put Clayton back there. Clayton is way too impotant to do returns.

Cory Ross did fine during the preseason, let's see what he can do.

How freaking hard is it to hire a driver or just invite people over and drink at home!

FHRaven

What's sad as well as it happened in almost exactly the same damn spot where he got busted for it last year! And they ALWAYS have state troopers around that area of the JFX right before the Beltway.

Some people just don't learn their lessons.

I say cut him. Second strike, and we are trying to shed that criminal/thug reputation as a team.

Nice job BJ, he obviously isn't on board the team chemistry plan. He has let his teamates down, as I am sure a 4 game suspension is coming from the Commish. He obviously has an acohol problem & needs help, maybe he should check into rehab during his 4 weeks off. I like the guy, but it may be time to pull the plug. Anyone remember Ralph Staten, how many chances did he get? Wasn't he cut after his 2nd run in with the law?

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Stupid stupid stupid. Give Ross a shot.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

"I still don't get why these athletes, with all of their money, can't hire a driver for one night"

That flips me out too. Everytime one of these guys are picked up for DUI, Fan and I say the same thing. Why risk your career or better yet, risk hurting someone else, when you have the means to hire someone to drive you for a night out.
    Just a guess here, but I think that people with a drinking problem rarely think they are going to get to the point where they are over the limit when they drink. Maybe they have no intention of drinking when they go out. And of course, they are utterly incapable of controlling their intake. So what you get is what he got last night. Yes of course there is the personal/team responsibility issue, but we have no idea how strong the drive to drink is.

I wouldn't cut him just yet, he's good at what he does. Need I remind you of recent history (Brightful) and what an untested guy like Ross could turn out to be. My guess is that the NFL will subject him to rigorous testing and require a rehabilitation plan in addition to a suspension. It might work. It worked for Jamal.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

The more I think about it, the more I say cut him now. We don't want to become a team of turds like Cincy or Tennessee.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGlennDale View Post
    Everyone laughs at me when I say "nothing good happens after midnight". Just another case in point.
    Aw, c'mon Mike... Lots o' good things happen after midnight!!!-- I have 4 Bea-utiful children!--But they didn't happen while drinkin' n' driving!!! "Shame on you BJ!" (He said while pointing his wagging finger in his face... )" You big dummy" -- (oh, that was Lamont Doubtful)