Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Caldwell is NOT this bad of a coordinator. What's the real reason the offense is struggling?

Courtesy of Kyle Casey's twitter account, THIS is unacceptable. Beyond poor coordination.

GG and Yanda.jpg
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Re: Caldwell is NOT this bad of a coordinator. What's the real reason the offense is struggling?

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Courtesy of Kyle Casey's twitter account, THIS is unacceptable. Beyond poor coordination.

GG and Yanda.jpg
    That happened at least 3 times.

It's why the coaches are saying it's more mental than physical...guys just are missing blocks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Same reference...here's the infamous 4th and 1 play with Eugene Monroe getting owned by 5-time all-pro Nick Perry *smdh*

This is so bad, at first glance I thought that this was a cap of Pierce getting tackled. Nope, just Monroe getting owned at POA thus allowing two guys that started a few yards deep in the end zone make the play.

4th and 1.jpg
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    So just how much tequila did it take to completely erase the memory of going five straight games without scoring a touchdown? :)
    Nope, I don't remember that as frustrating, after all we won 2 of those games. And we didn't have a franchise quarterback with an expectation that we had an offensive line and more production. I don't remember the boneheaded coaching calls. The offense wasn't good then and no one expected much, but the defense was would the price of admission by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    The last thing we need is an owner meddling in the coaching. We don't want Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Same reference...here's the infamous 4th and 1 play with Eugene Monroe getting owned by 5-time all-pro Nick Perry *smdh*

This is so bad, at first glance I thought that this was a cap of Pierce getting tackled. Nope, just Monroe getting owned at POA thus allowing two guys that started a few yards deep in the end zone make the play.

4th and 1.jpg
    KO also got blown 4 yards into the backfield which screwed up Yanda's attempt to get to the other side of the LOS to lead Pierce into the hole.

Just awful play.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

1. OL has played poorly overall and Castillo has made things worse. Need a center.

2. Caldwell offers up bland, unimaginative game plans and fails to adjust quickly enough. You watch other games for 5 minutes and see plays and formations the Ravens never even attempt.

3. Harbaugh is a hardhead who thinks he's never wrong. If something is failing, just say so and make changes. Just saying we're going to work harder while doing the same crap, doesn't hack it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    1. OL has played poorly overall and Castillo has made things worse. Need a center.

2. Caldwell offers up bland, unimaginative game plans and fails to adjust quickly enough. You watch other games for 5 minutes and see plays and formations the Ravens never even attempt.

3. Harbaugh is a hardhead who thinks he's never wrong. If something is failing, just say so and make changes. Just saying we're going to work harder while doing the same crap, doesn't hack it.
    Agree on 1 and 2. Normally I would agree on #3, and to a point I do. But as far as Harbs' not trying something different.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...b-dac5e80261b0

“We’re not stuck on any particular scheme or any particular technique or any particular way of doing something,” Harbaugh said. “We want to find the best way to do it. We work hard at that and we’ll continue to do that.”

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Agree on 1 and 2. Normally I would agree on #3, and to a point I do. But as far as Harbs' not trying something different.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...b-dac5e80261b0
    Disagree on #3. Two weeks ago fans were killing him for "trying something different" when he went with an all passing offense against the Bills in the second half. He wasn't married to the run then.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    KO also got blown 4 yards into the backfield which screwed up Yanda's attempt to get to the other side of the LOS to lead Pierce into the hole.

Just awful play.

Ugh. And that's why things are so damn bad. Not just one, but multiple guys dickin' it up play after play.:grbac:

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post

:word The other thing that really bothers me is when the statement is made that "the problem wasn't with the play calling, but rather with the execution." That is such a cop-out statement. Every play is designed to work. No coach would ever draw up a play that had no chance of success (if executed correctly). So, under that thought process, no one can ever question any play call. Because, the problem can never be with the play call, it is always a result of execution. The play calling and the execution of the OL has been putrid.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Disagree on #3. Two weeks ago fans were killing him for "trying something different" when he went with an all passing offense against the Bills in the second half. He wasn't married to the run then.
    I'm saying he'll try something different. Or were you saying I should disagree with him?