The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Anybody hear Jimmy Johnson's mock pre-game pep talk to the Jags?

My apologies, I guess this was on NFL Ticket, but Johnson was asked and gave a so-called pre-game "inspirational" to the Jags in response to how they needed to deal with the "immoveable object" Broncos and Manning.

TBH, I thought he did a pretty good job, tongue implanted in cheek or not. Why do I have the feeling that Harbaugh is not instilling the same intensity in the Ravens, and especially the offense?

Blog Entries

Re: Anybody hear Jimmy Johnson's mock pre-game pep talk to the Jags?

Saw it. Thought it was great. Thought about the Ravens as he was giving it, especially the o-line. For those who didn't see it Johnson stressed "Don't worry about the score, don't worry about Peyton, just go out and beat the man in front of you."

Good lord

GaTech-
    With Lewis gone, is God still on our side? ;)

Not sure what your forehead slap suggests, but my point is that I don't think I see the Ravens, particularly the O-line, playing at an intensity that I've seen before. Johnson basically said what ed quoted above, "beat the man in front of you". Do you see our O-linemen doing that?

iggyman555 Guest

it has been an issue with this team for the last 5 years. we start slow every single game. harbs claims to work on it but looks like nothing is getting done

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    GaTech-
    With Lewis gone, is God still on our side? ;)

Not sure what your forehead slap suggests, but my point is that I don't think I see the Ravens, particularly the O-line, playing at an intensity that I've seen before. Johnson basically said what ed quoted above, "beat the man in front of you". Do you see our O-linemen doing that?
    It's the fact that you find a way to shoehorn a complaint about the Ravens into something that could not have less to do with the Ravens.

???

Sorry you don't see it, mon ami. IMO, no shoehorning a complaint about the Ravens at all. Certainly no shoehorning to the Jags, whose 0-6 record can speak for itself. Certainly no shoehorning to a potential hopelessness for JAX when they were going up against Denver. Certainly no shoehorning to the idea that the Ravens need a somewhat tongue-in-cheek rah-rah pep talk from Mr. Hairdo. Just the idea that the Ravens, particularly the O-line, don't seem to be adhering to "beat the man in front of you" approach.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    My apologies, I guess this was on NFL Ticket, but Johnson was asked and gave a so-called pre-game "inspirational" to the Jags in response to how they needed to deal with the "immoveable object" Broncos and Manning.

TBH, I thought he did a pretty good job, tongue implanted in cheek or not. Why do I have the feeling that Harbaugh is not instilling the same intensity in the Ravens, and especially the offense?
    Thought it was awesome. Jimmy is great.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎