Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Harbaugh speak with forked tongue

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    Yeah because one current-day coach who has won 3 superbowls (while cheating) renders all the candid, legendary coaches of the past obsolete.

Are David Bowie, John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix, Brian Eno, and Lou Reed obsolete now too thanks to Bruno Mars and Miley Cyrus?
    I'm just guessing you don't watch much football nowadays. Every coach (including Belichick) speaks the same way as Harbaugh in conferences.

It's OK if you don't understand the difference between the NFL of the 70's and the billion dollar enterprise of the modern day NFL. No one will hold that against you.

I mean, it makes sense, considering you made a thread about how the game was one of the worst coached in NFL history. It's OK, I'd just recommend you'd watch some other teams besides the Ravens.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    I'm just guessing you don't watch much football nowadays. Every coach (including Belichick) speaks the same way as Harbaugh in conferences.

It's OK if you don't understand the difference between the NFL of the 70's and the billion dollar enterprise of the modern day NFL. No one will hold that against you.

I mean, it makes sense, considering you made a thread about how the game was one of the worst coached in NFL history. It's OK, I'd just recommend you'd watch some other teams besides the Ravens.
    If a coach comes along and starts winning a city SUPER BOWLS, he will be able to say whatever the hell he wants.

That hasn't changed.

Hell, Rex Ryan is still the Jets coach. All he did was get them to the AFCCG two years in a row, and that gave him the leash to say whatever the heck he wants.

You go howling
    at the woods, with gritty vibrato
    your condescenced barks
    find my personal space.

You, stuck
    in quicksand of status quo.

Always analyze all the variables
    of that thick, mildewy forest.
    Your isolated view,
    blurred cracks
    through the trees!
    ain't the Red Sea
    parted path to the
    promised land, oh,
    "realism"
    you call it.
    Last edited by PurpleApocalypse37; 10-14-2013 at 02:36 AM.

If a coach comes along and starts winning a city SUPER BOWLS, he can say whatever the hell he wants.

That hasn't changed.

Hell, Rex Ryan is still the Jets coach. All he did was get them to the AFCCG two years in a row, and it gave him the leash to say whatever the heck he wants.
    One could also argue that Rex's propensity for pomposity has put a bigger target on his back than he would have otherwise and made him more apt to get fired if the team continues to go south.

Regardless if a coach says a lot or says nothing, it really has no effect on wins and losses, so it's irrelevant.
    Last edited by s.r.genovese; 10-14-2013 at 02:44 AM.

Blog Entries

Goodness, sometimes I feel like you guys are aliens. I don't mean that as an insult, or even a bad thing, but I feel like you just don't understand me whatsoever. It's like I'm declared the village idiot even though I'm just a tad rambunctious. I make good points all the time and bring facts to the table, but since I sometimes deploy unpleasant, atonal uses of hyperbole, satire, allegory, and mock-depravity I'm some faulty-minded looney with a dimmer glimpse into the secrets of life, the holy grail, sensitivity and all of that.

Do you guys only "get" satire and facetiousness when it's performed in exceptionally over-the-top ungraceful shrug-faced dummy manner like on the Daily Show?

I think I've made it plenty clear plenty times over that I am not a man's personality, rather I'm a manifestation of industrialized teen-angst as observed in Berlin, Germany in the 1930's, but also charged up and projected onto modern-day trust fund kids.

You go howling
    your condescenced barks
    find my personal space.

You, stuck
    in gooey
    quicksand of status quo!

Your isolated view,
    blurred cracks
    through the trees!
    ain't the Red Sea
    parted path to the
    promised land, oh,
    "realism"
    you call it.
    Last edited by PurpleApocalypse37; 10-14-2013 at 02:58 AM.

Blog Entries

Goodness, sometimes I feel like you guys are aliens. I don't mean that as an insult, or even a bad thing, but I feel like you just don't understand me whatsoever.
    Ever hear the expression The poor workman blames his tools? FYI it's also the poor entertainer who blames his audience.
    It's like I'm declared the village idiot even though I'm just a tad rambunctious.
    More like the County Kvetch.
    I make good points all the time and bring facts to the table
    And you're so modest about it...especially when you're flat-out wrong.
    but since I sometimes deploy unpleasant, atonal uses of hyperbole, satire, allegory, and mock-depravity I'm some faulty-minded looney with a dimmer glimpse into the secrets of life, the holy grail, sensitivity and all of that.

Do you guys only "get" satire and facetiousness when it's performed in exceptionally over-the-top ungraceful shrug-faced dummy manner like on the Daily Show?
    At best you're trying a lot of fancy-pants stuff that your chosen medium is spectacularly unsuited for. At worst you're simply not talented enough to pull it off. Either "elephant tapdancing in hipboots" or "legend in your own mind." Hard to tell which--again, the medium doesn't provide enough information to decide.

A cordial suggestion: If you have nothing but contempt for an audience that "doesn't get it," either you're playing to the wrong crowd or there's nothing there to get.

FTR, IMHO, if only you could occasionally rise to the level of "satire & facetiousness" that Jon Stewart hits on a Daily basis, you'd get a lot less grief. A lot of bad-mannered jealousy oozing out of that one, Sparky.

I think I've made it plenty clear plenty times over
    No. You've made nothing clear, you only "think" you have in your skull-size echo chamber. That's a major part of the problem. Keep telling yourself how clever & talented you are & how stupid we are, that'll work just fine...
    that I am not a man's personality, rather I'm a manifestation of industrialized teen-angst as observed in Berlin, Germany in the 1930's, but also charged up and projected onto modern-day trust fund kids.
    Now see there, that's a classic example of why you get grief here. No one can figure out what you mean, & most of us suspect you don't know what you mean--you're just trying to sound "clever".

Your shtick is like the Ravens' OL: No one can tell just what it is you're trying to do, but whatever that is, it ain't working, & it's getting a lot of folks mightily annoyed in the process. And FTR--
    You go howling
    your condescenced barks
    find my personal space.

You, stuck
    in gooey
    quicksand of status quo!

Your isolated view,
    blurred cracks
    through the trees!
    ain't the Red Sea
    parted path to the
    promised land, oh,
    "realism"
    you call it.
    --typing banal blather in short lines does not make it verse. Something the tone-deaf overimpressed with their own geenyuss never seem to learn.

If your current & previous efforts are any indication, you wouldn't know poetry if it crept up behind you & whacked you upside the head with a spondee-studded 2x4.

But that's JMO.

(Now can we get back to football?)

Goodness, sometimes I feel like you guys are aliens. I don't mean that as an insult, or even a bad thing, but I feel like you just don't understand me whatsoever. It's like I'm declared the village idiot even though I'm just a tad rambunctious. I make good points all the time and bring facts to the table, but since I sometimes deploy unpleasant, atonal uses of hyperbole, satire, allegory, and mock-depravity I'm some faulty-minded looney with a dimmer glimpse into the secrets of life, the holy grail, sensitivity and all of that.

I think I've made it plenty clear plenty times over that I am not a man's personality, rather I'm a manifestation of industrialized teen-angst as observed in Berlin, Germany in the 1930's, but also charged up and projected onto modern-day trust fund kids.

You go howling
    your condescenced barks
    find my personal space.

You, stuck
    in gooey
    quicksand of status quo!

Your isolated view,
    blurred cracks
    through the trees!
    ain't the Red Sea
    parted path to the
    promised land, oh,
    "realism"
    you call it.
    Shorter: "I am not a crackpot."

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    ah great question. seems weird since he only developed 1 wr since being coach
    Right now, of the five groups on the offensive side of the ball, WR is my 2nd least one of worry, well behind the TEs, RBs, and OL. I know Clark had a case of the dropsies in his first two games (has been much better since) and Dickson is a mess, but the actual WRs have been catching everything of late.

Did you see how many drops the GB receivers had yesterday? Drops haven't been a problem for the Ravens since Week 2. Torrey Smith's hands have improved astonishingly since his rookie year. Doss is beginning to show us why he had the sure-handed label coming out of Indiana. Marlon Brown is a total stud. Even Jacoby Jones, who was a Patrick Johnson all-speed, no-hands clone during his career in Houston, has been somewhat sure handed comparatively. Oh yea, Deonte Thompson, who made two great catches in Buffalo, couldn't even find the field yesterday because of the talent in front of him.

Smith, Doss, and Thompson are all 24. Marlon Brown is 22. We still have Mellette in the cupboard for next year too. We are looking pretty good at WR for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Brien Jackson View Post
    Shorter: "I am not a crackpot."
    Even shorter: "I'm a martyr"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    You guys need to chill. We lost a close game against a very good team, it happens.

I'm not sure if all the blame on the coaching staff is fair at all either. The players up front on the offensive side of the ball were just terrible today.
    It's not about how good or bad your opponent is, it's about how well the Ravens play. The quality of the Ravens opponent doesn't excuse some of the bad calls and missed blocking assignments yesterday. Fans should be upset this morning. The Ravens lack of points in the first half had nothing to do with how good the Packers 18th RANKED defense is, but rather how bad the Ravens offense is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Ever hear the expression The poor workman blames his tools? FYI it's also the poor entertainer who blames his audience.More like the County Kvetch.And you're so modest about it...especially when you're flat-out wrong. At best you're trying a lot of fancy-pants stuff that your chosen medium is spectacularly unsuited for. At worst you're simply not talented enough to pull it off. Either "elephant tapdancing in hipboots" or "legend in your own mind." Hard to tell which--again, the medium doesn't provide enough information to decide.

A cordial suggestion: If you have nothing but contempt for an audience that "doesn't get it," either you're playing to the wrong crowd or there's nothing there to get.

FTR, IMHO, if only you could occasionally rise to the level of "satire & facetiousness" that Jon Stewart hits on a Daily basis, you'd get a lot less grief. A lot of bad-mannered jealousy oozing out of that one, Sparky.

No. You've made nothing clear, you only "think" you have in your skull-size echo chamber. That's a major part of the problem. Keep telling yourself how clever & talented you are & how stupid we are, that'll work just fine...Now see there, that's a classic example of why you get grief here. No one can figure out what you mean, & most of us suspect you don't know what you mean--you're just trying to sound "clever".

Your shtick is like the Ravens' OL: No one can tell just what it is you're trying to do, but whatever that is, it ain't working, & it's getting a lot of folks mightily annoyed in the process. And FTR----typing banal blather in short lines does not make it verse. Something the tone-deaf overimpressed with their own geenyuss never seem to learn.

If your current & previous efforts are any indication, you wouldn't know poetry if it crept up behind you & whacked you upside the head with a spondee-studded 2x4.

But that's JMO.

(Now can we get back to football?)
    Lol so upright. Yeah I wrote a response then for kicks and giggles chopped it into lines, so obviously that's my true attempt at poetry. Come on. I wouldn't have used the word analyze in that way if I was actually trying to make a good poem. Also, I'd choose a different subject for obvious reasons.

By the way, I predicted everything last year. Did you? No? That's what I thought.

Oh wait, that doesn't count though because.... Because.. Because... Oh, it just doesn't count darn it!

"People are stupid. They don't understand my genius."

- Ray Bradbury
    Last edited by PurpleApocalypse37; 10-14-2013 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Someone put a pot of coffee on. We need to sober Moeller up quick. I am done with Castillo.
    Forget Coffee. Give em a shot of Jack.

Whatever works.

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    Forget Coffee. Give em a shot of Jack.

Whatever works.
    Maybe he can only coach when he's drunk.