Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: I like the aggressiveness of going for it on 4th down!

I can't even get mad at him for the turnover at the end of the half, because a three man rush had no business getting home in that situation.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    The decision was fine, the play call (and the 3 calls before it) was not.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by ed from Bel Air View Post
    Insanity----Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

20 years of statistics regarding whether you kick or go for it on fourth down are meaningless, unless the stat is for the Ravens current incarnation of its O-line, and the Packers current defense. Hard to run Ray Rice into the line when it hadn't worked all day.

Harbaugh blew this game by not kicking it there and letting Joe try a Hail Mary at the end of the half. For the defense to hold Green Bay to 16 points, this game was a waste of an incredible defensive effort.

The Packers won because they were tougher. They controlled the defensive line of scrimmage, especially right in the middle of the field.

With a bye coming up after the Pittsburgh game I think major changes are needed in the middle of the O-line.
    The Hail Mary idea/attempt (considering the risk/reward) was inane. Also dumb was trading a 55-yd FG attempt for 17 yards of field position.

The 4th down decision was correct, even if the play call was questionable. We got 2 yards on the 1st down run and 1 yard on the 2nd down run. The idea that we cannot get 1 yard on a run is just nonsense, even if we stipulate that our run game was struggling. Gaining 1 yard can happen even when you are struggling (happens a lot actually).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Horrible, indefensible choice for Harbaugh to go for it. We had nothing to gain, a lot to lose, and no operative trend at the time that suggested we'd pick it up.
    So 6 points (a TD) and if you don't get it, you're putting GB at their half-yard line? Yeah, like I said before, a bootleg (like Manning last week at Dallas) and Joe walks into the endzone, especially if they load up the line like they did. It really came down to the actual call on the field, not whether to go for it.

Blog Entries

the call was right its the bullshit Oline and the unimaginative bullshit coordinators and coaching doomed this game.

Blog Entries

Seattle just tried a FG to end the half, where the holder botched the hold, was stripped and the ball was returned for a Titans TD.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Seattle just tried a FG to end the half, where the holder botched the hold, was stripped and the ball was returned for a Titans TD.
    Yeah, but Hauschka's hurt, so the holder took over for as PK and someone else took over at holder. I wouldn't draw any lessons from that play, except for having a better plan for if/when your kicker gets hurt.

BS

I likes the aggressiveness, I said go for it at the time, but the play I wanted was a naked bootleg and joe to just run it in, like manning last week, or ridges done tonight on that 2nd down in the final drive. I think joe would have walked in untouched

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    I likes the aggressiveness, I said go for it at the time, but the play I wanted was a naked bootleg and joe to just run it in, like manning last week, or ridges done tonight on that 2nd down in the final drive. I think joe would have walked in untouched
    goes back to who creates these plays and call them? we are so flat on offense and vanilla as shit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    You guys also realize that if we were down by 6 instead of 9 when we faced 4th and 21 at the end, we punt the ball? Kicking the FG on 4th and 1 in the first half could have easily led to a worse defeat than we saw.
    Nothing would be the same going forward if the Ravens get a TD on that 4th-down at the goalline. We score there and their returner could run it back for a TD or fumble it or let it go into the endzone for a touchback. Not calling you out but people that do this fail to recognize that everything is different from that point if the Ravens get a TD or even go for a FG and get it. Does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    caldwell gotta go 5 weeks of this shit is enough

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    The Hail Mary idea/attempt (considering the risk/reward) was inane. Also dumb was trading a 55-yd FG attempt for 17 yards of field position.

The 4th down decision was correct, even if the play call was questionable. We got 2 yards on the 1st down run and 1 yard on the 2nd down run. The idea that we cannot get 1 yard on a run is just nonsense, even if we stipulate that our run game was struggling. Gaining 1 yard can happen even when you are struggling (happens a lot actually).
    Couldn't disagree more. Everybody was in the box? Getting one yard is not nonsense. It is highly improbable! To think that all of a sudden this team can move the pile one yard and score is stupid. Manning knew better and ran a bootleg last week. The Ravens need to look around the league and show a little more respect to opposing defenses. We have no power game anymore. Harbaugh needs to have a meeting with his coaches and figure this thing out.