Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: I don't wanna hear shit about going pass happy.

Quote Originally Posted by YorkRavensFan View Post
    Is Caldwell that bad....or is he forced to look at the play book and say "nope, they'll f that one up....nope, that one too.....no, can't run that one, he can't catch.....not that one, he can't block shit...."
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Ravens defense is awesome.
    You mean the same defense that couldn't stop the Packers in the second half, when we had a chance to win the game??
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

The offense is not going to click until the line blocking is figured out, period. Joe played well in my opinion, but he can't do it alone. He NEEDS something out of the running game. I was disappointed in Monroe, but Gradkowski was putrid and needs to take a seat. He's hurting this team.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Yup, running out of the 3 WR, no FB set is probably our best bet now. At least the defense doesn't know pre-snap that we will run.

I know there are a lot of Leach fans, but IMO he just shouldn't be here. Not that he is useless individually, the huge problem is that when he is in, it announces to the defense that we are running the ball. When he is in, the Ravens are running 75% or more with that offensive package. The defense knows it, so they adjust accordingly. The combo of our shit OL (most of the blame) + so-so RB play + Leach lead blocking, right now, is NEVER going to beat any NFL defense we they know we are going to run it. Even if we change our tendencies, and threw 50% out of the Leach/Bajema-Dickson + 2WR set, Leach and Bajema offer next to nothing in the passing game. I don't know what to say about Dickson, b/c he has talent, but has underperformed to an epic level.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    You mean the same defense that couldn't stop the Packers in the second half, when we had a chance to win the game??
    The defense that held Green Bay to basically 13 points (19 minus the two times G.B. started in FG range due to our putrid offense). Yeah, it played great.

Our offense is abysmal. From Caldwell, to the O-line, to Flacco, to our WRs, to our RBs, all are underachieving in some way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Yea, that same defense that held the game close, spent way too much time on the field battling, while the offense went 3 and out. If the offense had scored when they had opportunities in the first half, the defense would have done more.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    The defense that held Green Bay to basically 13 points (19 minus the two times G.B. started in FG range due to our putrid offense). Yeah, it played great.

Our offense is abysmal. From Caldwell, to the O-line, to Flacco, to our WRs, to our RBs, all are underachieving in some way or another.
    I agree, in this league you're not pitching shutouts any more but holding GB to their lowest total of the season was pretty good D. Offense is killing the team right now

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    LOL - Mixing apples and oranges again. Those 2 TDs on 2 big plays were too little too late. We were too far behind to catch up. 0x0=0.
    It's almost like a runner who gets 100 yds rushing but half of it
    in gravey time. It doesn't matter plus those TDs and Marlon's
    big catch and run came when GB switched to zone from man to man.
    They switched when they were winning and pulled a CAM. You
    must have missed it.

The one TD we should have had before half time wins it for us but they can't score from 4 yds away and the FG the offense gave them with 2 secs left in the half wins it for them.

You must have missed it.
    You're out of your element Donnie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

We've got a line that can't block and a receiving corps that has issues with drops and getting open.

If we go too 'pass happy', Joe will get killed. I don't care if we average half a yard per run. We've got to establish that as an option.

Now, any criticisms about telegraphing our play calls and creating absolutely no deception, I can get behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    We've got a line that can't block and a receiving corps that has issues with drops and getting open.

If we go too 'pass happy', Joe will get killed. I don't care if we average half a yard per run. We've got to establish that as an option.

Now, any criticisms about telegraphing our play calls and creating absolutely no deception, I can get behind.
    The problem is the pass is the only way they can move the ball with any small bit of consistency.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The problem is the pass is the only way they can move the ball with any small bit of consistency.

I agree, but I think the pass loses it's effectiveness if there's not enough play-calling balance.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    The offense is not going to click until the line blocking is figured out, period. Joe played well in my opinion, but he can't do it alone. He NEEDS something out of the running game. I was disappointed in Monroe, but Gradkowski was putrid and needs to take a seat. He's hurting this team.
    But, but, he's, he's just learning, man.