Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Around the League Game Thread -- Week 6

First off, Denver vs. Jacksonville. I mean, this is like Goldberg.......vs. Gilberg. (For the old school wrestling buffs out there).

Cincinnati travels to Buffalo where the Bills will be starting a new QB. However, at the same time, something is not right with Cincinnati's offense. With Baltimore's offense, you can figure it out. Offensive line struggles + Injuries + New players = tough sledding. I just can't figure it out with the Bengals. Sanu is back, they have one of the best offensive lines in the league and I've been hearing about Giovanni Bernard all year. Is Andy Dalton really the issue here? Could someone whose seen more Bengals film this year help me out with this one?

Pittsburgh travels to New York, for a game they can certainly lose, but if they have any fight left in them, they could also pull it out. This one could be an ugly one for both sides, but I have a feeling the Steelers won't give a who-what as long as they come out on top. (Not that any other team would either, more so fanbases than anything).

New Orleans travels to Gillette to take on the Patriots, who are right for the picking right about now. Gronkowski is still out and Wilfork is done for the year. He really covered up so much for that defense and, honestly, I don't think the presence of Talib is going to be enough against the Saint, unless they pull one of their helter skelter road games.

It should be another interesting week of football.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: Around the League Game Thread -- Week 6

If the Pitt coaching staff is smart, they have worked on schemes to beat the Jets. They had a bye week to do it. If they go with the same old thing they've been doing all week, the Jets will win. Pitt has no pass rush and Geno can make plays if given time. Pitt needs to get creative to win this one but I bet they won't and don't.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Steelers made Adams inactive today...then Levi Brown injures himself during warmups and too later for him to be made inactive.

You couldn't make that up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

New York is up on Pitt early.
    Cincinnati just took the lead from Buffalo.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

steelers winning, boo

getting ugly in Houston. could be a coaching change off-season.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Ok the Bengals just pulled away for the division lead, but hardly looked impressive, needing overtime to beat the Thad Lewis-led Bills.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Featherman View Post
    Ok the Bengals just pulled away for the division lead, but hardly looked impressive, needing overtime to beat the Thad Lewis-led Bills.
    I'll take it. We have a habit of making inexperienced QB's look like Joe Montana.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Loving the Seattle game.

Very exciting so far. Russell Wilson is a stud.

Blog Entries

Brady killing me as my Fantasy QB. Needs to throw TD's.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Brady killing me as my Fantasy QB. Needs to throw TD's.
    Same here...thankfully, he somehow was still around in the 3rd round in my draft so my team isn't built around him, but I never thought I'd have days like last week where he put up single digit points.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Same here...thankfully, he somehow was still around in the 3rd round in my draft so my team isn't built around him, but I never thought I'd have days like last week where he put up single digit points.
    Exactly. I was surprised I got him in 4th round. I have RG3 too, but have played Brady so far.

Around the League Game Thread -- Week 6

Brady is about to get shut out of the end zone for the second straight game.