Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Coachwatch

iggyman555 Guest

Re: Coachwatch

yup its over for schiano. once your players start questioning you, you are donesky

Blog Entries

Lovie Smith is the name that I heard might be the replacement for Schiano.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Lovie Smith is the name that I heard might be the replacement for Schiano.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Makes sense given his coaching history with the Bucs. Tampa is where Smith started his pro coaching career. The Bucs have gone with the first time guys recently and it hasn't worked. They had success with the experience head coach in the past so it makes sense to go back to that.

Blog Entries

They had the right idea in trying to instill discipline. They just picked an unaccomplished Head Coach to do it and it backfired.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Leslie Frazier (Vikings) looks vulnerable. teams that make the playoffs and go backwards are not coach-friendly.
    notice how many of these teams have qb problems?
    Atlanta, otoh, is 2-5 with the awesome Matty Ice Ryan ('Better than Flacco'). doesn't look good there.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

with two coaches in the hospital I've done away with the buzzards as being in bad taste. coaches in order of possible vulneralbility;
    1) Greg Schaino, Bucs. ah, the agony of near-victory. if the current qb-of-the-week improves he can yet save his job with half the season left.
    2) Leslie Frazier, Vikings. they aaallllmost beat a .500 team. another place wi qb issues.
    3) Mike Smith, Atlanta. did anyone see this (2-6) coming? injuries schminjuries.
    4) Mike Kubiak, Texans. lost to their bugabears the Colts. they had a decent run.
    5) Jeff Fisher, St Louis. guess what? qb issues.
    6) Mike Tomlin, Steelers. SB winning coaches generally leave on their own terms but these guys are in freefall.
    7) John Harbaugh, Ravens. I think he gets another year (at least) but there was supposed to be too much talent for this. big hole at center. (by the way, the Ravens are the most recent team to fire a SB winning coach, Billick after '06)

Safe for now; Rex Ryan of the j-e-t-s (Saints are not an easy win); Shanny in DC (big win against SD).
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    ...(by the way, the Ravens are the most recent team to fire a SB winning coach, Billick after '06)..
    No, they are not. There has been at least one other fired since then. Tune into ESPN at 8:30 tonight to refresh your memory.

by the way, the Ravens are the most recent team to fire a SB winning coach, Billick after '06
    John Gruden would beg to differ.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    John Gruden would beg to differ.
    wow, I was sure he walked away on his own.

Schiano, Bucs; yay, they got a win. too little too late.
    Frazier, MINN; yay, they got another win. probly too little too late.
    Smith, Atlanta; Kubiak, Houston. what the heck happened? Smith might get another year but it looks back for Kube. most other teams blame qb issues.
    Fisher, Tomlin and Harbaugh all won. Rams looked amazing.
    Philpin in Miami is only in his first year but the turmoil is killing them. Wouldn't Gruden be a good fit there?
    if the season ended today Rex would be in the playoffs.
    Shanny lost to the Vikes. the natives are getting restless.
    Munchak in Tennessee looks to have taken a step backwards. wouldn't be surprised to see a change there. (Billick maybe?)

Blog Entries

Schiano is basically waiting for the inevitable. Frazier could still salvage his spot I think, they are just a year removed from the playoffs.

Smith won't be fired, he's just having a down year. Kubiak could be because I think Houston ownership is getting hungry for a championship. Fisher, Tomlin, and Harbaugh shouldn't be on the hotseat at all.

Philbin is in his 2nd year...could go either way there. I think the first move they need to make is firing Jeff Ireland anyway. Could be another case where GM is brought in and HC gets one lame duck year.

Speaking of lame ducks, Shanahan has one year left after this one. Be interesting to see if Dan Snyder goes back to being mettlesome, or does he let him ride out and try to groom Kyle to take over.

Rex Ryan has pretty much saved his job this year. Amazing.

I'd be happier than a pig in shit if Munchak is fired. Would love to bring him onto our staff. Locker out for the year could spell disaster for him down the stretch.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

wow, I was sure he walked away on his own.
    also, Mike Shanahan was fired after the 2008 season.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!