Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Coachwatch

Re: Coachwatch

Bucs are showing signs of life. too litte too late for Schiano?
    Dolphins might fire Philbin with all the locker room stuff.
    Shanny looking shaky. RGIII getting some blame?
    Munchak (Tenn) and Frazier (Minn) looking bad.
    Kubiak/Houston in freefall, Smith/Atlanta not much better. No one seems to be able to explain what's going on with the Falcons.
    Tomlin/Pittsburgh look much better. could drop us into the basement.
    wow, Ron Rivera (Carolina) looks pretty safe. looks like the light clicked on down there.

I don't think either Harbaugh is in trouble, but they don't look good at all. I can kinda see Baltimore stumbling (losing Pitta really hurt), but what's going on in San Fran? I really thought they'd go 14-2 and win the SB this year.
    am I missing anyone?
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

I can explain what's going on with the Falcons. Their defense was already bad and they traded away about four or five picks for the right to draft Julio Jones. That's what happened. Now Jones is hurt and the defense can't help them in the slightest. They were already a different team on the road, but now they are quite touchable in that dome.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    Bucs are showing signs of life. too litte too late for Schiano?
    Dolphins might fire Philbin with all the locker room stuff.
    Shanny looking shaky. RGIII getting some blame?
    Munchak (Tenn) and Frazier (Minn) looking bad.
    Kubiak/Houston in freefall, Smith/Atlanta not much better. No one seems to be able to explain what's going on with the Falcons.
    Tomlin/Pittsburgh look much better. could drop us into the basement.
    wow, Ron Rivera (Carolina) looks pretty safe. looks like the light clicked on down there.

I don't think either Harbaugh is in trouble, but they don't look good at all. I can kinda see Baltimore stumbling (losing Pitta really hurt), but what's going on in San Fran? I really thought they'd go 14-2 and win the SB this year.
    am I missing anyone?
    As for San Fransisco, people haven't figured out that Jim Harbaugh isn't much better at developing a high octane passing offense either. His offense was run heavy, even at Stanford. They are realizing that the pinpoint throws Warner and Flacco made to Boldin, aren't being made by Kaepernick and that teams aren't letting him run around all day long anymore. They are also realizing that the 49ers can't bully anybody like they did last year. And when they can't bully, they have no answer.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

IMO, Kubiak, Munchak, Frazier and Schiano are gone.

I could see the Skins going a different direction than Mike Shanahan (word is they have been courting Art Bryles from Baylor). I'm not sure though.

Mike Smith is safe in Atlanta.

Mike Tomlin is safe in Pittsburgh.

Ron Rivera is safe in Carolina.

Philbin is safe in Miami.

Both Harbaugh brothers are safe.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Would love it if the Ravens brought over Kubiak as OC, Munchak as OL coach and fit Frazier in somewhere among the defensive coaches!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    Would love it if the Ravens brought over Kubiak as OC, Munchak as OL coach and fit Frazier in somewhere among the defensive coaches!
    This.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Wouldn't that be a conflict of interest? If I'm not mistaken, Kubiak prefers zone blocking, while Munchak is an old school man blocking guy.

Blog Entries

Schiano and Philbin should both be fired. Schiano should be fired for being a douche, in addition to being a lousy NFL coach. I think Philbin has a slim chance of saving his job, but only if the Dolphins somehow grab that last playoff spot. Same goes for Munchak. Kubiak deserves to be fired as well. It's been a while since I have seen a team do less with that much talent.

IMO, Rivera is safe. He is actually building a tough, physical, quality team in Carolina. The Panthers are being built in the way the Ravens have traditionally been built. Tough defense and running game, combined with an efficient passing attack.

I think both Harbaughs are safe, but I think Jim is safer than John in the long run. If the Ravens finish with a losing record this year, and follow it up with another losing season next year, then John is in trouble. The 49ers still have some outstanding young players, and their offense should get a lot better once Crabtree returns.

Jets, Ravens, Dolphins, Steelers, Titans, Chargers all tied for #6 seed. I think we agree whichever coach takes that is safe, and probly Tomlin, Ryan and Harbaugh regardless. The Chargers coach is in his first year (don't know his name) and will probly get another year, esp after beating the Chefs in KC. That leaves Philbin, also his first year but lots of stuff going on, and Munchak. I'm thinking they're both gone (unless they take that WC).
    somebody on tv said the Jets were committed to Geno for two years so Rex is probly safe.

I wonder how patient the Texan management is in re; Kubiak. any local knowledge down there?

dang Schiano might be safe after all. Glennon is playing like a legit NFL qb.
    Despite Jerry Jones' vote of confidence I wonder if Garrett comes back if they miss the playoffs (Eagles are on fire)

good headline in the NY paper monday; picture of Giants wi caption 'The Turkeys are Done'. I've heard Coughlin is retiring anyway.
    Shanny rolled the dice on RGIII and he seems to have regressed. hmm.
    Jeff Fisher (St Louis) looks safer now.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

The Jets have a new GM who didn't bring Rex in so I have no idea what they'll do there. Chicago fired Lovie last year after 10 wins under a very similar situation. However, the owner loves Rex so that may save him.

I think Philbin is safe, he's a good coach and they don't want to start over IMO.
    Hadn't given much thought to Coughlin but they probably need a change; may be up to him.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    The Jets have a new GM who didn't bring Rex in so I have no idea what they'll do there. Chicago fired Lovie last year after 10 wins under a very similar situation. However, the owner loves Rex so that may save him.

I think Philbin is safe, he's a good coach and they don't want to start over IMO.
    Hadn't given much thought to Coughlin but they probably need a change; may be up to him.
    Wasn't that new Jets GM the one who drafted Geno Smith? The way Smith has been playing, I think the owner may step in to keep Rex as HC. I don't think that GM has the power that other GMs do.

Woody Johnson absolutely LOVES Rex.

Rex probably gave himself another 2 years with the way the team has played.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.