Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Coachwatch

Blog Entries

Re: Coachwatch

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I'd take Kubiak in a second as our OC, ZBS and all.

He knows how to install and run it properly. He did it in Denver and has been doing it with great success in Houston.
    What's the word on him in Houston? And if they let Schaub walk will there be cap ramifications? I figured you'd probably know since it's likely in your local news

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    What's the word on him in Houston? And if they let Schaub walk will there be cap ramifications? I figured you'd probably know since it's likely in your local news
    I check in to Houston sorts talk radio when there's some big news. I will give it a listen today and get the vibe but even a few weeks ago, it was all about Kubiak will be gone.

Schaub will most likely be cut, IMO. I think he's only counting $3.5 Million in dead money of they get ride of him. Since they have Keenum playing on the cheap next season, he's the logical choice if they don't go after a QB in the draft.

Blog Entries

I thought they'd dump Kubiak early, but at this point, why bother? I don't think they consider Wade Phillips a viable replacement at HC, so there's not really anyone to evaluate at HC.

Can't imagine he sticks around though
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...hing-hot-seat/

SI's Don Banks weighs in on the coaching situation. aside from the usual suspects he opines Dennis Allen (Raiders) might be gone.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries
    I'd absolutely love to see Kubiak call this offense. The amount of easy throws for Flacco compared to what he has now would be staggering. The running game would probably improve too, the players would have to learn the zbs better, which would be my only concern.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...hing-hot-seat/

SI's Don Banks weighs in on the coaching situation. aside from the usual suspects he opines Dennis Allen (Raiders) might be gone.
    They just went through cap hell, it's tough to judge Allen based on what he has had to work with. There is something to be said for continuity; IMO they should sit tight and see how things go next year. They may've found their future QB too

Blog Entries

They just went through cap hell, it's tough to judge Allen based on what he has had to work with. There is something to be said for continuity; IMO they should sit tight and see how things go next year. They may've found their future QB too
    I can see them canning Allen right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I can see them canning Allen right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I guess it depends on how "Little Al" runs things. If he's not convinced he has the right coach, or if an opportunity arises to get a big name, they'll likely make a change.

Blog Entries

I guess it depends on how "Little Al" runs things. If he's not convinced he has the right coach, or if an opportunity arises to get a big name, they'll likely make a change.
    8 wins in 2 years would be a tough sell to fans. That being said, I think the Raiders are getting closer and closer to relevant. They're going to move on from RunDMC, though I'm not sure that Rashad Jennings is a long term starter. McGloin should be in the mix to start next year, along with either a drafted guy or a decent spot starter, which I'm sure will be available in some form this offseason.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    8 wins in 2 years would be a tough sell to fans. That being said, I think the Raiders are getting closer and closer to relevant. They're going to move on from RunDMC, though I'm not sure that Rashad Jennings is a long term starter. McGloin should be in the mix to start next year, along with either a drafted guy or a decent spot starter, which I'm sure will be available in some form this offseason.
    Yes but their cap situation was so bad they had to cut and cut and cut. They're playing with scrubs and holding their own pretty well. The coach knew that going in but so did the guys that hired him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Oh man, I forgot about that. Castillo would be happier than a pig in shit to have another ZBS guy here. Do we want that? MORE ZBS?
    If they are going to run it, they need guys who are good at running it. KO has the athleticism, but needs to recover successfully. Yanda just wants to run man I think, plus I think he's struggled recovering from his shoulder surgery. Maybe Kubiak could do wonders for Gino, or they find someone else. Did Wagner run it in college, because he'll probably be your RT next year.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Let's be honest here. When Kubiak was in Denver, they took a FB, turned him into a RB and EVEN HE ran for over 1,000 yards.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore