Thread: Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks

I could not find the original piece about the hard knock, but here is a good piece: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...os-hard-knocks

HBO probably showers the league with boatload of cash and the league is hell-bent on giving fans an inside look of a team at every opportunity, I think it is a shame that the league has come down to this. It is ridiculous at best. I wonder how did the Ravens vote on this? Would anyone know?

Also, there are a couple caveats: 1) a team could decline if it makes to the playoff for two consecutive seasons and 2) (i forgot the second one as I couldn't find the original article).

Re: Hard Knock

The other caveat was a team with a new coach: http://q.usatoday.com/2013/10/08/har...ed-volunteers/

Blog Entries

from what I saw, a team that makes the playoffs can decline, doesn't have to be 2 consecutive years. At least that is what they reported on NFLN.

They want small market teams and specifically said Titans and Bills were their targets to get more interest. I like watching the show and a lot of others do too

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I really like watching hard knocks. It's a great lead up into the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    from what I saw, a team that makes the playoffs can decline, doesn't have to be 2 consecutive years. At least that is what they reported on NFLN.

They want small market teams and specifically said Titans and Bills were their targets to get more interest. I like watching the show and a lot of others do too
    I stand corrected.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I really like watching hard knocks. It's a great lead up into the regular season.
    I like it too. If they're going to force a team to do it I hope it's the Patriots. That's one organization that I think we would all like to see from the inside. I know it will be a team that needs exposure like the Jags but the Pats would be interesting and get huge ratings.

Bill Polian was on SXMNFL Radio "Late Hits" last night talking about this.

Up until this recent decision by the league, teams can durn them down. Every team turned them down last season. The league went to the Bengals and talked them into it.

Players can also elect to not be on TV. Which makes James Harrison's antics a bit hollow since, according to Polian, he had to sign a waiver agreeing to be on the program. This new ruling is going to be interesting. If a player decides to not be on TV, the NFLPA may step in. You might be able to compel a team to participate, but you cannot compel a player to be on TV (outside of the game) if they don't want to.

I love it too, watched every season, but I am glad the Ravens are not on it and hope they're never on it going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I like it too. If they're going to force a team to do it I hope it's the Patriots. That's one organization that I think we would all like to see from the inside. I know it will be a team that needs exposure like the Jags but the Pats would be interesting and get huge ratings.
    I would like to see that, too. Not a chance in hell as long as Yoda is still there.

Blog Entries

I have enjoyed both seasons with the Bengals featured. Last time we did it we swept the AFCN and won the division. I dont think it has hurt us this year either.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎