Blog Entries

The Looks Like Tarzan/Plays Like Jane Thread

My first submission: Adrian Hubbard, DE/Sam, Alabama (6'6" 255lbs).

A lot of folks are giving him a round 1 grade. I don't get it at all. I see a decent edge setter, but I see someone who gets pushed around easily and gives up on plays a lot. I don't think he is a very good player at all, but you know he is going to be overrated coming out of 'Bama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: The Looks Like Tarzan/Plays Like Jane Thread

Impressive size will add to that hype. I think he's a 2nd rd type projection, he looks like an athletic Upshaw (but not as good as a run defender that Upshaw is, then again, I haven't seen anyone as good as setting the edge as Upshaw coming out in years).

For the Ravens, I would hate a pick like this. You don't draft for needs, but there is a limit to that, and we are stacked in that department. We have so many key roles on the offense that should be a huge priority next offseason.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Impressive size will add to that hype. I think he's a 2nd rd type projection, he looks like an athletic Upshaw (but not as good as a run defender that Upshaw is, then again, I haven't seen anyone as good as setting the edge as Upshaw coming out in years).

For the Ravens, I would hate a pick like this. You don't draft for needs, but there is a limit to that, and we are stacked in that department. We have so many key roles on the offense that should be a huge priority next offseason.
    Some team running the 3-4 is going to go after Hubbard early on.

Blog Entries

My second submission: Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami 6'8" 350lbs.

He isn't a bad player, but he was one of the top rated prospects to come out of high school in a long time. He has ideal size to be a premier LT in college and the NFL, but he just has never taken that next step. He has poor footwork and lacks ideal strength that you'd hope a man of his stature would have. Sometimes it seems like he just doesn't give 100% effort.

Sound like any other offensive tackles from The U?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    My second submission: Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami 6'8" 350lbs.

He isn't a bad player, but he was one of the top rated prospects to come out of high school in a long time. He has ideal size to be a premier LT in college and the NFL, but he just has never taken that next step. He has poor footwork and lacks ideal strength that you'd hope a man of his stature would have. Sometimes it seems like he just doesn't give 100% effort.

Sound like any other offensive tackles from The U?

Massive under achiever.

Two years ago, I thought this kid was going to be a number 1 pick candidate.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Massive under achiever.

Two years ago, I thought this kid was going to be a number 1 pick candidate.
    Yea, some folks were comparing him to guys like JO coming out of high school.

This guy committed to USC...Pete Carroll splits for the NFL...USC hires Lane Kiffin...the kid backs out of his scholarship to USC and commits to The U.

He just never seemed like he wanted to really go full force.