Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Tony Gonzalez

Re: OMG... What?

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    If you read between the lines, you can almost hear him scream: "I'm out of here!"
    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Reading that article gave me the impression that Gonzalez is subliminally trying to get the team to do it for him, because he doesn't have the heart to do it to Falcons fans himself. He is too professional for that.
    That's how I read it too:

- "I'm still happy as I can be to be a Falcon. I didn't ask for a trade."
    - "Obviously I'd rather win. It makes it a lot more fun. But there is no way I would think about jumping ship..."
    - "I would never go and ask [the Falcons] for a trade," Gonzalez said. "And if that's something that they wanted to do to help their franchise, that's up to them. But it wouldn't be coming from me."
    - "Like I said, I came back to play with these guys...."
    - "Like I said, I'm not going to jump ship. I'm not saying, 'Things are bad around here, so I'm out of here.'"

Translation: "Hey - I'm not going make myself the bad guy and 'jump ship' by asking for a trade. Buuuuuttttt...... if the Falcons were to push me overboard into some contender's lifeboat....well, that's their choice"
    Last edited by MarkS; 10-17-2013 at 02:50 PM.

Blog Entries

You guys are reading too much into it. The trade rumors are out there, he's just saying it's not from him IMO

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    You guys are reading too much into it. The trade rumors are out there, he's just saying it's not from him IMO
    Yea, but it's what he's NOT saying: For example, "I do not want to be traded" would do nicely.

Blog Entries

Atlanta gave up the farm for Julio and it has only amounted to one playoff victory. Torrey was drafted in the second round and, with the way he's playing, he'll only be a notch below Julio by season's end. Julio's now done for the year, which is more of a freak thing.

Maybe Atlanta wakes up and realizes that they'll need all the picks they can get for that defense of theirs.

They were becoming a one dimensional team and when that one dimension deals with injuries, this is what happens. New England's one dimension always seems to deal with injuries in the postseason, which is why they can't break through and win the title anymore.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

One thing that we can all agree on is that these comments do not fall in line with what we've come to know of Tony Gonzalez in the media. Usually, he wouldn't even go into that much detail about such a topic, his loyalty has always been so strong.

A lot could depend on this week, because the deadline is coming up. If Atlanta goes down and Baltimore wins, KC, NE and Balt, all remain possibilities.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Yea, but it's what he's NOT saying: For example, "I do not want to be traded" would do nicely.
    fair enough

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/98...t-asking-trade

Seems Gonzalez has changed his stance from not wanting to leave to not asking to leave but open to it. I wouldnt think wed be a player in those talks but he would help this team more than another WR, imo.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Atlanta gave up the farm for Julio and it has only amounted to one playoff victory. Torrey was drafted in the second round and, with the way he's playing, he'll only be a notch below Julio by season's end. Julio's now done for the year, which is more of a freak thing.

Maybe Atlanta wakes up and realizes that they'll need all the picks they can get for that defense of theirs.

They were becoming a one dimensional team and when that one dimension deals with injuries, this is what happens. New England's one dimension always seems to deal with injuries in the postseason, which is why they can't break through and win the title anymore.
    I think the Julio trade was worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/98...t-asking-trade

Seems Gonzalez has changed his stance from not wanting to leave to not asking to leave but open to it. I wouldnt think wed be a player in those talks but he would help this team more than another WR, imo.
    He'd go back to KC before coming here.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Id assume that would be his first choice and possibly only choice.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

yup I said that too before even scrolling down.

Blog Entries

Yes, and if the Chiefs go far, what a way to end his career... Bc