Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Gonzalez

Blog Entries

Re: Tony Gonzalez

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Gonzalez loves that team. He said he came back to win a Super Bowl with that group of guys. It's not just about the ring. He could have signed with half a dozen contenders if it was. He's very close with Ryan and White and Mike Smith. I can't see him hanging them out to dry.
    yup

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Atlanta plays the Bucs followed by the Cardinals and Panthers. After those wins they'll be delusional and thinking they can overcome the poor start.
    This. The Falcons have some very winnable games coming up. They will win a few games and think that they can turn their season around.

JayGlazer
    @JayGlazer

I've seen a lot of tweets w rumors that Falcons should trade Tony Gonzalez, just got off the phone w him he absolutely does NOT want that. Wants to finish up in ATL

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    JayGlazer
    @JayGlazer

I've seen a lot of tweets w rumors that Falcons should trade Tony Gonzalez, just got off the phone w him he absolutely does NOT want that. Wants to finish up in ATL
    well that mushrooms clouds this thread.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    That's Tony G. The Chiefs owner had to convince him that it was okay to go to Atlanta. Everyone he had played with and been coached by was gone. The team was going to be rebuild and he still was so loyal to the organization that they had to kick him out. That's a class guy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Nah Tony Gonzalez doesn't know what he's talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    You don't think the Falcons organization would be willing to let him go to a contender in order to try for a ring since they are all but out of it, especially now with Julio out for the season? I think that's where the speculation and story is stemming from. It would be a class act by the Falcons to let him try for a ring since they can't give him one.
    It's not as much Atlanta willing to perhaps part ways as it is Gonzalez not wanting to go.

The NFL is still almost always business first and I think that a trade for a 6th or 7th rounder out of an upcoming draft is entirely possible. Atlanta needs picks bad since most of their OL drafting of recent years has gone near bust and WR Jones is going to cost a bundle to keep if he resigns, thus paving the need for lots of rookie contracts to balance out their cap. Yet, similar to what others on here say, I think this will only happen if Atlanta hits 6 losses before November. With the current vision that the Falcons have, only will they fold until the math says they have no chance. 2013 was supposed to be their prime window for a SB. And I think they are right, after this season its not going to get easier with the issues that are creeping up on them. And that would have to happen before the 29th. Still interesting enough to keep your eye on Falcons scores over the next few weeks.
    Last edited by alienstar; 10-09-2013 at 02:11 AM.

Blog Entries

Would he make our team better? Absolutely.

But this isn't going to happen. He wont want to leave Atlanta, and we can't fit him under our cap. Also, why would Atlanta trade him for a 6th/7th rounder? He is still one of their best players, and even though they're 1-4, they can still make the play offs, the season is not over for them. They have enough talent to over come this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienstar View Post
    The NFL is still almost always business first and I think that a trade for a 6th or 7th rounder out of an upcoming draft is entirely possible. Atlanta needs picks bad since most of their OL drafting of recent years has gone near bust and WR Jones is going to cost a bundle to keep if he resigns, thus paving the need for lots of rookie contracts to balance out their cap. Yet, similar to what others on here say, I think this will only happen if Atlanta hits 6 losses before November. With the current vision that the Falcons have, only will they fold until the math says they have no chance. 2013 was supposed to be their prime window for a SB. And I think they are right, after this season its not going to get easier with the issues that are creeping up on them. And that would have to happen before the 29th. Still interesting enough to keep your eye on Falcons scores over the next few weeks.
    No team needs a 6th or 7th round pick that bad. Dimitroff and Smith are going to have a tough time keeping their jobs from that type of season already. Trading the most popular player on the team for a 6th or 7th round pick would be a nail in their coffins.

Blog Entries

Dimitroff is going nowhere. Smith on the other hand could be in trouble.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Dimitroff is going nowhere. Smith on the other hand could be in trouble.
    If Dimitroff didn't work for an owner who loved showing up on the sidelines and wants to be the next Jerry Jones I would agree with you. Arthur Blank is one of those owners who doesn't always leave football decisions up to his football people. Don't forget that Dimitroff was pushed into that Julio Jones trade by Blank who told him to do whatever it took to get that player. Owners like that don't always put up with poor seasons when they expect Super Bowls.