Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Gonzalez

iggyman555 Guest

Tony Gonzalez

it looks like the Falcons season is done with Julio Jones most likely out for the year ( have him in 2 leagues :/)...so i was wondering if the Falcons would be interested in trading Tony G to the Ravens for a late round pick. We get an instant upgrade at TE and Falcons get a pick which they would not have b/c Tony is planing on retiring for good after this season.
    Last edited by iggyman555; 10-08-2013 at 02:21 PM.

Re: Tony Gonzalez

Interesting thought. I am willing to bet Tony probably won't want to come to the Ravens because he wants to retire a Falcon.

We can chase that Super Bowl for him if he does. If he wants one, that could be a big lift for us and his chance to win one. Would be nice!!!
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Twitter Bmore Finest

Blog Entries

well he only returned because he wanted a chance to win a SB. Seems unlikely at the moment, but i dont foresee the Falcons folding their hand right now. Makes sense for a few reasons, but if anything theyll probably rely more on him now than before and try to make it work that way. It wouldnt surprise me if Oz called them, but it would surprise me if ATL returned that call.
    -JAB

Unlikely but I'd wish it was possible

Blog Entries

We don't have the space to absorb his contract. Plus why wouldnt he go back to KC?

If Matt Ryan is truly elite he should be able to win without Julio. Given that they are 1-4 with him....I think we know the answer.

Blog Entries

Great minds think alike (haha). I was thinking the same exact thing once I read that PFT article.

I think it's a great idea. Though I don't think it's a trade the Falcons will make unless if hey drop to like 1-6.

What week is the trade deadline?

Unfortunately the only way I see it really happening is if it's right before the trade deadline and the Falcons lose every game until that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksouleyez View Post
    Interesting thought. I am willing to bet Tony probably won't want to come to the Ravens because he wants to retire a Falcon.
    I'm sure he does, but have to listen if a playoff team comes calling. I think that is the primary reason he returned (to make up for terrible playoff loss).

Interesting thought, Iggy. I think the Ravens are only a couple of pieces away from making a serious Super Bowl push and TE is one (OL the other).

Blog Entries

He has tremendous hands but offers next to nothing after the catch.

Blog Entries

I think it's more likely that Atlanta goes out and trades a WR than it is for the Ravens to sign TG. Probably neither scenario will happen

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    He has tremendous hands but offers next to nothing after the catch.
    Can we stick Dickson's legs on Gonzales' Body?

Blog Entries

Pipe Dream