Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: McKinnie tells Miami fan he wants to be a Dolphin

Monroe has to learn the playbook fast. I don't think Joe trusts Bryant to hold the edge. He's always struggling mightily to contain the speed rush to the outside. He isn't holding blocks in the run game. On the play where Pierce got stuffed on 3rd and 2 (?) late, where the Ravens COULD have run down the clock to zero on the FG try... everybody else does a decent job of holding their ground and sealing off a lane. McKinnie lets his guy go, and he makes the tackle. There are SO many plays in the running game this year where McKinnie's failed to hold a block past a second or two, and winds up standing around watching a tackle. It's just brutal.

There was an audio snippet from Flacco in the Superbowl, I think NFL Turning Point ran it, where McKinnie inexplicably cracked down on the inside off the snap, despite no apparent need to help, and let his guy come off the edge as if he were formally invited. It was in the midst of that second-half, post-power-outage momentum swing. Joe went to the sideline and said to someone else, something along the lines of... "What the h*** was McKinnie doing there?" I think that same concern is in Joe's head every time he drops back. Just imagine if he had the sort of time / pocket that a guy like Romo had yesterday a little more often.

Mckinnie would not make it in Miami, too hot, he'll lose weight and sweetpea will lose interest in him. She's definitely a chubby chaser. Bet he stays in Baltimore for the season.

If he stays in Baltimore he should stay or the bench. Better yet he should (and probably will) stay in Harbs' doghouse!

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Mckinnie would not make it in Miami, too hot, he'll lose weight and sweetpea will lose interest in him. She's definitely a chubby chaser. Bet he stays in Baltimore for the season.

A whale is almost kinda a dolphin.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    :p

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

McKinnie is bad right now but he is still better then GAITHER! Sorry had to do it. oh my back

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Blog Entries

They either need to find a way to make him inactive and keep him away from the team, or they need to release him.

This twitter situation is probably bogus.

My issue is that........having McKinnie's lack of effort on the field is not what's best for the team. Keeping McKinnie's lack of effort for depth is not what's best for the team, and while he has not caused dissension, it is only a matter of time before other players, younger players, pick up his poor habits, if he's not removed. Honestly, it would not surprise me if other players are behind Harbaugh in his obvious attempt to get rid of Gaither.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Sure, at this point, Mckinnie is old, lazy, and playing like a bum, but look what just happened in Jax. They traded us Monroe and then, just days later, lose Joeckel to a season ending injury. Put Mckinnie on the bench and just hope we won't have to see him on the field again. He sucks but nothing wrong with having him for depth, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by don raven View Post
    At one point I thought about moving McKinnie to Left Guard where his size could be an asset but after this forget it. He's a waste of space.
    He would get annihilated at LG. Guards are normally not as tall as tackles but they are nasty because they have to take on these massive 340 lb DT's and be agile enough to get to the second level. He can do neither.

Send him to Jacksonville same money deal as Monroe and a twelve round pick. ;)

Blog Entries

I think Jacksonville is a perfect example... trade your current LT and your LT of the future goes down. Were not in a position to trade depth currently, imo. I have no problem with McKinnie getting splinters in his ass because hes still a better option than a FA or what else we have on the bench.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I think Jacksonville is a perfect example... trade your current LT and your LT of the future goes down. Were not in a position to trade depth currently, imo. I have no problem with McKinnie getting splinters in his ass because hes still a better option than a FA or what else we have on the bench.
    Except if you play him outside of a playoff scenario he gets your quarterback killed with no play attitude. His play Sunday showed Oher would be a much better option than McKinnie right now.