Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: McKinnie tells Miami fan he wants to be a Dolphin

HE'S NOT PUTTING FORTH EFFORT. That is not good depth at all. He almost got Joe killed. He almost got the RBs killed. And there's no prospect what so ever of him getting better. At this point, Ricky Wagner is better depth, because McKinnie isn't even playing well in pass protection, which is the only reason he would be good depth to begin with. He is playing really bad right now. Wagner looked good at LT in the preseason and will put in the effort. You cannot field 11 guys with only 10 of them putting in effort, under any circumstance.

I can understand trying to hold him to see if someone bites, but if no one bites by the trade deadline he needs to go.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Quote Originally Posted by BaltoNUSCNFLChamps View Post
    Except if you play him outside of a playoff scenario he gets your quarterback killed with no play attitude. His play Sunday showed Oher would be a much better option than McKinnie right now.
    and who fills in for Oher if he moves over? I still think McKinnie is the best backup option and you can take that however you want, but i wouldnt say its a ringing endorsement for who else is on our team currently.

you look at the past 3-4 games and who hes faced and its speed rushers, which hes had issues with in the past, or some of the who's who of pass rushers. hes not played well, but Wagner or whoever else the fickle fan base is promoting as the next best thing would have done even worse. Effort is one thing, but hes still a better player without the effort than some with. Weve gone over this before and weve seen the results. We get something for him, fine, but i think it weakens our depth and leaves us vulnerable.
    -JAB

Surely we can't blame big Mac n cheese for wanting out, are you aware of how many pre-game club appearances he has on schedule in Florida? How else can he generate income to blow

Didn't he visit Miami during free agency? I assumed he came here simply so he wouldn't have to stand around doing nothing in the 90+ heat at work.

If the way he played against Miami is his way of showing them he wants to play for them, then there's NO way they will take him. The Ravens are either going to have to keep him and save money or cut him and lose money. I don't see anyone trading for him.

Blog Entries

No team is going to trade for McKinnie. Anyone who is thinking a deal can happen is deluding themselves. The Bucs couldn't even trade Josh Freeman and 10 teams called his agent the second he was released. The Raven can either cut McKinnie out of spite or hope that he does what he's paid to do if he has to play. It's a crappy situation to be in but it happens a lot in this league.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

The only team I see desperate enough to take him would be the Jags, but I'm sure they could get him off of waivers if he ends up being released. Of course the Ravens could throw the "trade or you won't get him" approach by telling them they won't release him. I highly doubt they would release him. If they can't make a trade for him, then he will remain as a backup that hopefully won't ever see the field again as a Raven.

He isn't likely to be traded (who would give up anything for him), and the FO isn't taking the cap hit. Be prepared to see le Big Mac sitting on the bench, perhaps even swapping out with Reid on the inactive list.

Blog Entries

The only way I can see McKinnie off the roster (I hope) would be to give him away. What I mean by that is trade him for a "conditional" 7th round pick, that would never be transferred to the Ravens. Let some LT disfunctional team (Jags ?) have him with no cost to them and open up a roster spot for us. Is this doable? ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    The only way I can see McKinnie off the roster (I hope) would be to give him away. What I mean by that is trade him for a "conditional" 7th round pick, that would never be transferred to the Ravens. Let some LT disfunctional team (Jags ?) have him with no cost to them and open up a roster spot for us. Is this doable? ... Bc
    IIRC (can't find the post right now) cutting or trading him actually creates a fairly considerable cap hit due to the acceleration of next year's bonus money, & there is no way to finesse that to make it go away.

IMHO Oz would not even consider taking that hit unless (1) there arose a major need at some position & (2) there was no one else they could bear to release or IR.

So best scenario for the team, much as it chappeth the collective arse here, would be for Big Mac to remain on the roster as an emergency backup LT & (hopefully) never again to be active on gameday because Monroe stays healthy & plays well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    The only team I see desperate enough to take him would be the Jags, but I'm sure they could get him off of waivers if he ends up being released. Of course the Ravens could throw the "trade or you won't get him" approach by telling them they won't release him. I highly doubt they would release him. If they can't make a trade for him, then he will remain as a backup that hopefully won't ever see the field again as a Raven.
    Why would the Jags bother? Their season is over. They have a new coaching staff and a new GM that need to rebuild the team. They're much better off playing young guys and getting a sense of who they have on the roster. Mckinnie isn't part of any teams rebuilding program. He's old, fat and a dick.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    IIRC (can't find the post right now) cutting or trading him actually creates a fairly considerable cap hit due to the acceleration of next year's bonus money, & there is no way to finesse that to make it go away.

IMHO Oz would not even consider taking that hit unless (1) there arose a major need at some position & (2) there was no one else they could bear to release or IR.

So best scenario for the team, much as it chappeth the collective arse here, would be for Big Mac to remain on the roster as an emergency backup LT & (hopefully) never again to be active on gameday because Monroe stays healthy & plays well.
    lobo, thanx for the explanation... Bc

Whales and dolphins are kinda related, so I guess I can see why he wants to make the move.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Why would the Jags bother? Their season is over. They have a new coaching staff and a new GM that need to rebuild the team. They're much better off playing young guys and getting a sense of who they have on the roster. Mckinnie isn't part of any teams rebuilding program. He's old, fat and a dick.
    Trade McKinnie To Jacksonville?

This one is pure speculation – no reports or rumors.

But now that the Jacksonville Jaguars are down two starting left tackles after trading Eugene Monroe to the Ravens and first-round pick Luke Joeckel missing the rest of the season with a broken right ankle, Baltimore Beatdown’s Jason Butt proposes another trade between the two franchises.

The Jaguars could be in the market for another tackle, and there were rumors last week that the Ravens could be interested in dealing Bryant McKinnie after picking up Monroe.

“Here's where the Ravens could get a two-for-one and help the Jaguars in the process,” wrote Butt. “It would seem logical for the Ravens to work out a trade to send Bryant McKinnie to Jacksonville and perhaps get a late-round pick in return.”

McKinnie allowed six pressures in 37 pass-blocking snaps against Miami, according to Pro Football Focus (PFF). And the 13 times the Ravens ran the ball in McKinnie’s gaps, they only churned out 23 yards. The statistical website gave McKinnie a -5.9 overall grade, and ranked him 59th out of 61 tackles.

“McKinnie did nothing to disprove his reputation for being lazy, as he barely even tried to put up a fight for his job,” wrote PFF’s Michael Renner. “The same play-to-the-whistle mentality of Marshal Yanda could not be found in the 12th-year left tackle, as he was regularly caught standing upright if he thought a run had passed him or a play had been made.”

With that kind of performance, Butt believes a trade would be beneficial and the Ravens would be “better served” with Rick Wagner as Monroe's primary backup.

But would the Jags be interested in McKinnie after such a poor outing with his job on the line?

“The Jaguars would appear to be desperate for a tackle with starting experience, even if the tackle in question is not performing at that high of a level,” Butt wrote.

Obviously the same thing already being said on here, but it is being talked about outside of the Ravens fan base...

Blog Entries

That would be the ultimate karma if the Jags traded for McKinnie. You can't make that stuff up
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!