Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Lincoln Kennedy or Orlando Brown Anyone??

Just as a saftey measure...Just a thought Orlando still knows our offense and he could step in at gaurd I'm not crazy:insane: Just tryin to think outside the box

Re: Lincoln Kennedy or Orlando Brown Anyone??

I'm not for another Zues episode...still haven't gotten over his penalties in the Titans playoff game I guess.

Kennedy is intriguing...As always I'll make the assumption (making an ass of you and umption) that the front office has already considered this.

No and no.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

No and no.

I love these kind of responses. Care to discuss WHY you say no and no? Otherwise, you're not really moving the discussion forward, you're just trying to kill it, or just make a bootleg statement.

I think Kenedy has to be an intriguing option, although probably not the best one. I wonder if he'd even be interested?

Lincoln Kennedy hasn't played for about two years and would be so far out of shape that it's not true, he's nicely comfortable in his suit on NFL Network now and wouldn't be interested in playing again I'd guess.

Zeus is one of my favourite Ravens ever, but he went at the right time for my money, no need to bring him back and see how much further he's slipped especially without an off-season of conditioning and preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    I love these kind of responses. Care to discuss WHY you say no and no? Otherwise, you're not really moving the discussion forward, you're just trying to kill it, or just make a bootleg statement.

I think Kenedy has to be an intriguing option, although probably not the best one. I wonder if he'd even be interested?
    Well, I thought it wouldn't require an explanation, but UKRavenStockers covered it pretty well.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Zeus is done -- I'd be shocked if he was in shape to play. You could probably say the same thing about Kennedy. We're really stretching to even consider these guys seriously.

Both of those guys are done. Fans knee jerk reaction is to always to start throwing around names of players that they remember, regardless of their playing ability.

The NFL is a young man's league. The Raven's would be much better off to scour other team's practice squads for possible talent.

FHRaven

Thanks funny because Jamal was on 1300 last week and menion the Big O was working out and waiting for a phone to ring
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

The answers were obvious, at least to me.

Kennedy is retired.

Brown retired years ago, he just didn't know it.

Neither is likely in any kind of football shape anyway.

We have enough dudes that are long in the tooth on the line.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

I thought Zeus was done after last year, his knees are shot & his back is bad. So I would have to say pass on him.

As far as Kennedy, he seemed like a decent OL when he played, but I would guess if he's been out 2 years, that's a long time not playing for an OL. A skill position player might be able to come back after a couple year layoff, but the big guys bodies are different. So I would say no to him too. I don't know what he looks like now since I don't get the NFL Network in Southern York County on cable. Adelphia sucks, thank God Comcast is on the way. Hopefully we will get NFLN before Thanksgiving. I'd hate to miss all those Thursday/Saturday night games.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

12. Re: Lincoln Kennedy or Orlando Brown Anyone??

These discussions of always bringing in an aging or retired vet thinking its a quick fix arent the answer. The new guys are the better choice to give them expierence and will probably as good or better then the injured older retired player.

Lincoln Kennedy did have a workout with the Bucs before the season started...even they didnt want him!

http://llnlb.us.publicus.com/apps/pb.../1009/SPORTS02