Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Just how good is Terrell Suggs playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    He's making a push for HOF serious consideration. If he finishes this year strong and can have one more similar type year, he may be our 4th HOF Raven.
    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Me and a few of my friends were talking about what he needs to do to get there. And we thought if he has a DPOY type year, or wins it he'd be first ballot, assuming he at least plays a few more at above average level.
    He is definitely giving it a run.
    I thought about this after he won the DPOY a couple years ago.
    http://russellstreetreport.com/forum...305#post463305
    Filmstudy posted a little something on what Suggs needed to reach the Hall. I don't have the link, but here is the text:
    He now has several possible paths to Canton. If the Ravens win a Super Bowl with him, he’s in. If he were to have 1 more similar season to 2011 (DPOY or consideration), he’s in. If he makes 2 more Pro Bowls, I think that would do it. While it’s not what Ravens fans want, he might also make it by the longevity route by staying in the league as a quality and balanced DE for another 5+ years. He’ll turn 30 next October during his 10th NFL season.
    I remember thinking Filmstudy was a bit too sanguine – I felt Suggs needed a smidge more in each scenario, than Film did – but I basically agreed with him, that Sizz had a few different "paths to Canton". BTW, Film posted that before the Ravens won the SB. So, y'know, add that in.

I feel like this season's DPOY is JJ Watt's to lose. But if Suggs keeps this up, he is on his way to a good showing in the vote at least. Pro Bowl, probably a mention on the All-Pro team. That, along with the Ravens SB win, and whatever they do this postseason – and Suggs has some productive years left, too.

I would say this 3-year stretch, 2011-12-13, has transformed Suggs from a borderline HOF player, to a likely HOF player. Pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Drop the chisel on the Ravens Mt. Rushmore, we're going to have to stick this mug on it soon.

Attachment 1853
    ...NO DOUBT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Yea, but he has done it against Ryan Clady, Cordy Glenn and Joe Thomas.
    Oh yeah, he's done it against some of the best. That's why I have him penciled in as 1st team All Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I thought about this after he won the DPOY a couple years ago.
    http://russellstreetreport.com/forum...305#post463305
    Filmstudy posted a little something on what Suggs needed to reach the Hall. I don't have the link, but here is the text:

I remember thinking Filmstudy was a bit too sanguine – I felt Suggs needed a smidge more in each scenario, than Film did – but I basically agreed with him, that Sizz had a few different "paths to Canton". BTW, Film posted that before the Ravens won the SB. So, y'know, add that in.

I feel like this season's DPOY is JJ Watt's to lose. But if Suggs keeps this up, he is on his way to a good showing in the vote at least. Pro Bowl, probably a mention on the All-Pro team. That, along with the Ravens SB win, and whatever they do this postseason – and Suggs has some productive years left, too.

I would say this 3-year stretch, 2011-12-13, has transformed Suggs from a borderline HOF player, to a likely HOF player. Pretty awesome.
    I think he needs to finish this year strong and have 2 more years of double digit sacks for me to really feel comfortable.

His 07 and 09 seasons take some of the bloom off of the rose as those were particularly poor years for him as he was coming into camp out of shape and all.

Also it's really unfortunate that he got hurt last year which pretty much cost him a year of production and interrupted his career momentum...at least in terms of keeping his name in the minds of the media/HOF voters. I wish he was healthy enough to dominate in last years playoffs.

But he can overcome that stuff if he finishes his career strong. He's been a heck of a Raven.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Elvis Dumervil was the best thing that happened to him. Now, you can't just double Ngata and chip Suggs. You've got Doom, Canty and McPhee to worry about. Even Jones is making noise. This team might double last year's sack total.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

He's the best player on this team by a wide margin and also the best defensive player in the league right now, and very few players are even close. You can't run at him. You can't leave your OTs lined up one on one with him. He impacts the game on every single play he's out there. He's playing at an unbelievable level right now.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Suggs is a beast. Love the way he plays.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

iggyman555 Guest

guess who is leading the league in sacks???? yup its Robert Mathis with 9.5 sacks

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    He also diagnosed a screen very early and jumped in the passing lane allowing the other defenders to get there for virtually no gain on the play.
    Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    guess who is leading the league in sacks???? yup its Robert Mathis with 9.5 sacks
    Yes but look further into the total stats including tackles and assists...Suggs is a "CHAINSAW"!!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...3/seasontype/2

I got to hand it to him, he's still going strong at 32. Overall, I still like Suggs.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    I got to hand it to him, he's still going strong at 32. Overall, I still like Suggs.
    well duh lol just giving him some props, his boy freeny is on IR in san diego.

well duh lol just giving him some props, his boy freeny is on IR in san diego.
    Freeney wasn't making much noise before his injury, he's been dropping off for a few year now. Next year he'll be 34, his best years are behind him.

Suggs is playing his best ball at 30, he's on pace to have his best totals in sacks and tackles. Including his DPOY year. If he stays healthy there's several years left.