Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Just how good is Terrell Suggs playing?

Out of his mind.

Similar to my Torrey Smith thread...

Suggs has 7 sacks in 5 games, which is on pace to reach 22.5 sacks this season. In other words, Suggs could conceivably tie the all-time single-season record set by Michael Strahan in 2001 (which btw...fuck Brett Favre for that one)....anyway...

For Suggs' career, he has 91.5 sacks, which is 39th all time and 7th among all active players. If Suggs gets 5 more sacks, he will surpass Warren Sapp. If Suggs gets 9 more sacks, he will surpass Andre Tippet. Both Tippett and Sapp are in the Hall of Fame.

Currently, only Mario Williams, Justin Houston and Robert Mathis have more sacks than Suggs.

In my opinion, only Houston is as complete of a player as Suggs.

Can we say 2-time Defensive Player of the Year?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Just how good is Terrell Suggs playing?

He's ballin' now. Let's see if he can keep it up....

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

He's making a push for HOF serious consideration. If he finishes this year strong and can have one more similar type year, he may be our 4th HOF Raven.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

If he can keep up this pace up your can't have the conversation without mentioning him. He actually seems to be gaining momentum each game too. Of all the top players in sacks, Suggs beats them all in tackles. He's a complete player.

Just how good is Terrell Suggs playing?

So good that, from now on, everyone needs to start referring to him as Terrell "F@%king'" Suggs! (Terrell F. Suggs for short.)

And, I hope this finally stops all the "cut/trade" talk about Sizzle. He will retire a Raven.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    He's making a push for HOF serious consideration. If he finishes this year strong and can have one more similar type year, he may be our 4th HOF Raven.

Don't forget if he adds another Lombardi to the Ravens trophy case, while having a monster year.

Hope Suggs continues his harassment of opposing QBs. Not worried about a record just love watching him dominate whoever is in front of him. Double teaming him is an answer, but Doom should pick up the slack. Ravens defense has it's moments, but that secondary still needs to be dominant more.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Hope Suggs continues his harassment of opposing QBs. Not worried about a record just love watching him dominate whoever is in front of him. Double teaming him is an answer, but Doom should pick up the slack. Ravens defense has it's moments, but that secondary still needs to be dominant more.
    That's just it, who do you double team on that line? They all can get at the QB.

Indeed, from looking at it. Ngata defo needs a double. Both Suggs and Doom bullrushed their single matchups into the QB with ease. So that is basically 2 TE sets with a chip on both Suggs and Doom I guess :)

Long live our 4 man pressures!
    Hrafn

I think some credit has to go to Pees. He's doing a great job rotating guys, despite the DL/LB injuries, keeping guys fresh and moving everyone around, making an offensive coordinator's job a nightmare.

I get why people look at his contract and the knee jerk reaction is to think he's going to walk after this year.

But that's not looking at the forrest through the trees. He's going to retire a Raven. I think he wants that and will work with the team to get a cap friendly deal in place.

If he can get the single season record, yeah, HoF without a doubt. And if he can get another ring and / or move up the all time list a bit, that too will land him in the HoF.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

Me and a few of my friends were talking about what he needs to do to get there. And we thought if he has a DPOY type year, or wins it he'd be first ballot, assuming he at least plays a few more at above average level.

He is definitely giving it a run.