Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: "Sunday's game was BY FAR the best Sun-Life Stadium takeover ......."

I was pretty impressed with Pittsburgh when I was there for the AFCCG a few years ago. The west side is really nice. It's not a smoking shithole as it's been described. And the fans there are 100X better than the toothless fools that wear black and piss around here.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I was pretty impressed with Pittsburgh when I was there for the AFCCG a few years ago. The west side is really nice. It's not a smoking shithole as it's been described. And the fans there are 100X better than the toothless fools that wear black and piss around here.
    Eexactly! Just wish more Ravens fans would think about making the trip.

Blog Entries

I'll never go back to PIssburgh.

Fans were all over us. One guy spit on my colors. We kept our mouths shut too. That was the PO game where Elvis curled into his famous fetus position with JO looking down at him with disgust. Never wear your colors in there by yourself.

I also went to the very first Ravens game up there with the Nests and Fred Grau from this board. People
    came up to our group at the tailgate and got into our faces. One guy approached the smallest guy in our group and a couple of us went over to him and he backed off as I gave him the finger. That was down by the river.

Fred has a Sun photo of us holding the PITTSBURGH IS RAVENS COUNTRY banner behind the end zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75
    On a side note I had an interesting exchange with a fish fan. When we started getting into the 7 Nation Chant that they were playing (typical Miami bass version) dude thought we were idiots to be chanting to 'a song that they adopted from the Heat to fire up the fans'. I had to politely tell him that we started it on the pro level. When he challenged me to tell him what year, I told him 2011 and all he could do was sit down and be quiet.
    Sigh. The Ravens did not "start this" chant on the pro level. Yes, Ravens fans are loud but calling this chant a Ravens chant is just false.

The song was released more than a decade ago and is a fixture in professional (and collegiate) sports.

Frankly, I'm tired of hearing it as a Baltimore "rally cry" at Ravens and O's games. It's annoying how the city has latched on to something so generic and popular and tried to call it our own.

This song was beaten into the ground at professional sporting events long before it was played at M&T.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Quote Originally Posted by barnanimal View Post
    Sigh. The Ravens did not "start this" chant on the pro level. Yes, Ravens fans are loud but calling this chant a Ravens chant is just false.

The song was released more than a decade ago and is a fixture in professional (and collegiate) sports.

Frankly, I'm tired of hearing it as a Baltimore "rally cry" at Ravens and O's games. It's annoying how the city has latched on to something so generic and popular and tried to call it our own.

This song was beaten into the ground at professional sporting events long before it was played at M&T.
    This.

Which pro football teams (or other pro sports teams) used it first?

Thanks.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    I'll never go back to PIssburgh.

Fans were all over us. One guy spit on my colors. We kept our mouths shut too. That was the PO game where Elvis curled into his famous fetus position with JO looking down at him with disgust. Never wear your colors in there by yourself.

I also went to the very first Ravens game up there with the Nests and Fred Grau from this board. People
    came up to our group at the tailgate and got into our faces. One guy approached the smallest guy in our group and a couple of us went over to him and he backed off as I gave him the finger. That was down by the river.

Fred has a Sun photo of us holding the PITTSBURGH IS RAVENS COUNTRY banner behind the end zone.
    One of my prouder moments:
    http://old.post-gazette.com/steelers...lay.asp?ID=604
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post

Thanks.
    I know the Houston Rockets used it for years before we did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    I get that, but I think it's pretty awesome to hear at away games! Showing our presence. It also just reminds me of the Beatdown we gave the steelers week one in 2011 :) I say keep the song!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I know the Houston Rockets used it for years before we did.
    I have heard it played at college games for years, as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post

Thanks.
    Not sure which teams used it first, but it is at several stadiums we have went to over the years. We also do it at Lambeau. But yeah, you guys do it more often and louder than most it sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensXLVII View Post
    So i am heading up to Pitt in 2 weeks to watch the Ravens (with 5 other Ravens fans) as we do each year, and there are only a few other Ravens fans we see each year. I know its not South Beach but its a cheap and fun weekend. Not sure why more Ravens fans don't make the 4 hour drive up the turnpike to see the Ravens play thier arch rival (and Pitt is actually a fun city to visit and their fans for the most part are not like the ones you see in Baltimore...of course if you are looking for a fight you can find one!).
    I think Ravens Fans don't make the relatively short trek to Pitt for two main reasons:

1. Widespread perception that they will be treated like shit.
    2. It's hard to get a ticket.

I've been to Heinz and have been treated well. I've heard the same from other Fans. I have also heard stories of bad treatment. Like Camdenyards, my overall perception is that the fans actually in Pittsburgh are much much better than the assholes they've sent down here. I really feel that while bad things may certainly happen, fear of widespread poor treatment is a big misconception. BTW the area around the stadium is pretty nice. There are a couple of good bars and we were treated well there too.

The Steelers are 0-5, and right now on Stub Hub there are 2,732 tickets available for the Ravens game. If you want to buy 2 seats together there are 1629 available under $300, and just 588 available under $150. Even so, I bet there will be a bunch of tix available outside the stadium, you'll just have to wait 'till the last second to avoid getting gouged. However, that kind of ticket availability is not conducive to large groups of Ravens Fans making ther presence known. If you want to make your presence knowm you have to do cool shit like FredGrau did!
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!