Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

"Sunday's game was BY FAR the best Sun-Life Stadium takeover ......."

But Sunday's game was BY FAR the best Sun-Life Stadium takeover I've personally witnessed in my seven seasons covering the Dolphins. ` Omar Kelly, Sun-Sentinel
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...0,570048.story

Well done, Ravens fans!!
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Re: "Sunday's game was BY FAR the best Sun-Life Stadium takeover ......."

ww::respect

Proud to be a part of this fanbase.

Blog Entries

I gotta admit :wiping the remnants of a raw omelet off his face: that I scoffed at all the posters who talked about having "the 12th man" for a road game.

But when they were lining up for the opening kick & I heard the 7-Nation-Army chant I said to myself, Damn...

Well played, road warriors, well played!

I heard the chant and thought, jeeze, I guess fans at every stadium have adopted that chant now. Then I saw them pan the crowd and realized how much purple was there.

I was surprised how many empty seats and how many Ravens fans I saw. As I listened to Miami media members talking in the week before the game all I heard was how excited the fan base had become and how strongly they now were behind the team. Silly me, I believed it. Until I saw otherwise.

I guess because the NFL is season-ticket driven, it will take a year for the excitement in Miami to translate into butts in seats.

Too bad the short Sun Sentinel story had a couple of obvious errors in it...

John Harbaugh thanked the fans for being loud during the Dolphins' 26-23 fourth-quarter victory...yelled the Orioles' infamous "O" during the pledge of allegiance.
    Last edited by Shas; 10-07-2013 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I guess because the NFL is season-ticket driven, it will take a year for the excitement in Miami to translate into butts in seats.
    The Ravens fans didn't need to purchase season-tickets to get into the game.

What's the Dolphins fans' excuse?

It was great to be a part of that. I am not sure how it sounded on TV but on Defense, I heard some Ravens' Fans effort to help.

Hot as Hell but great to be there.
    Captain Offense

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    It was great to be a part of that. I am not sure how it sounded on TV but on Defense, I heard some Ravens' Fans effort to help.

Hot as Hell but great to be there.
    I assume you wore your normal attire? If so, I bet you were soaked.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    I assume you wore your normal attire? If so, I bet you were soaked.
    Actually i had it there but after going out to the Bmore Purple Party in it the night before I figured it was better to just wear the beret and dress for the weather instead.

On second thought, I could have afforded to sweat off some pounds ...
    Captain Offense

Blog Entries

Actually a good road trip. Cheap tickets and quick flight. Good for Ravens who can't get to see them at M&T. Ravens actually travel well and starting to get known for that. Raven presence is in most road Stadiums.

So i am heading up to Pitt in 2 weeks to watch the Ravens (with 5 other Ravens fans) as we do each year, and there are only a few other Ravens fans we see each year. I know its not South Beach but its a cheap and fun weekend. Not sure why more Ravens fans don't make the 4 hour drive up the turnpike to see the Ravens play thier arch rival (and Pitt is actually a fun city to visit and their fans for the most part are not like the ones you see in Baltimore...of course if you are looking for a fight you can find one!).

I was there yesterday and it was a great experience. The lower level from end zone to end zone on the Ravens side was probably 80% Baltimore fans. Incredible showing! The pre-game tailgate was very impressive as well. The only bad part of the whole day is the fact that I look like a lobster now but it was well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    Actually i had it there but after going out to the Bmore Purple Party in it the night before I figured it was better to just wear the beret and dress for the weather instead.

On second thought, I could have afforded to sweat off some pounds ...

Pounds aren't worth the risk of heat exhaustion! Glad you dressed "light".