Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 56
  1. #16

    Re: "Sunday's game was BY FAR the best Sun-Life Stadium takeover ......."



    Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    I was there yesterday and it was a great experience. The lower level from end zone to end zone on the Ravens side was probably 80% Baltimore fans. Incredible showing! The pre-game tailgate was very impressive as well. The only bad part of the whole day is the fact that I look like a lobster now but it was well worth it.
    You mean , you went to Miami and didn't re-apply? That sun down there is a different kind of beast. South Florida is no joke.




  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: "Sunday's game was BY FAR the best Sun-Life Stadium takeover ......."

    The temperature on the field is often 100 degrees or more. HARBs said gaining
    1 yard was like getting 3 yards. It was miserable for the last playoff game I was there inside the stadium with all that body heat. I left and jumped straight
    into the ocean.




  3. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,203

    Re: "Sunday's game was BY FAR the best Sun-Life Stadium takeover ......."

    Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    You mean , you went to Miami and didn't re-apply? That sun down there is a different kind of beast. South Florida is no joke.
    I didn't. I put on SPF 30 before I left in the morning and didn't bring it with me to reapply. Big mistake!




  4. #19

    Re: "Sunday's game was BY FAR the best Sun-Life Stadium takeover ......."

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensXLVII View Post
    So i am heading up to Pitt in 2 weeks to watch the Ravens (with 5 other Ravens fans) as we do each year, and there are only a few other Ravens fans we see each year. I know its not South Beach but its a cheap and fun weekend. Not sure why more Ravens fans don't make the 4 hour drive up the turnpike to see the Ravens play thier arch rival (and Pitt is actually a fun city to visit and their fans for the most part are not like the ones you see in Baltimore...of course if you are looking for a fight you can find one!).
    Cities like Miami are an easier and cheaper ticket to get.

    Yesterday I sat in the upper level and paid $25 less than I pay for my seats which are in an almost identical section.

    Dolphin fans were shocked that we actually turned out better than NE or Jets fans but as many have said going to Miami is like a mini vacation. The only drawback was the searing heat but winning made it worth while.

    Next stop for me is Chi-town which should be a blast.

    On a side note I had an interesting exchange with a fish fan. When we started getting into the 7 Nation Chant that they were playing (typical Miami bass version) dude thought we were idiots to be chanting to 'a song that they adopted from the Heat to fire up the fans'. I had to politely tell him that we started it on the pro level. When he challenged me to tell him what year, I told him 2011 and all he could do was sit down and be quiet.
    Last edited by Ravens75; 10-07-2013 at 06:54 PM.




  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    439

    Re: "Sunday's game was BY FAR the best Sun-Life Stadium takeover ......."

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    On a side note I had an interesting exchange with a fish fan. When we started getting into the 7 Nation Chant that they were playing (typical Miami bass version) dude thought we were idiots to be chanting to 'a song that they adopted from the Heat to fire up the fans'. I had to politely tell him that we started it on the pro level. When he challenged me to tell him what year, I told him 2011 and all he could do was sit down and be quiet.
    Yup, opening day Steelers - still one of my favorite saved games to watch. Harbaugh on the sidelines getting into the chant. The Chin all ticked off during the halftime show because of a fake extra pt 2 pt conversion... Television classic.




  6. #21

    Re: "Sunday's game was BY FAR the best Sun-Life Stadium takeover ......."

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensXLVII View Post
    So i am heading up to Pitt in 2 weeks to watch the Ravens (with 5 other Ravens fans) as we do each year, and there are only a few other Ravens fans we see each year. I know its not South Beach but its a cheap and fun weekend. Not sure why more Ravens fans don't make the 4 hour drive up the turnpike to see the Ravens play thier arch rival (and Pitt is actually a fun city to visit and their fans for the most part are not like the ones you see in Baltimore...of course if you are looking for a fight you can find one!).
    There's no comparison. I read that you called it a "Fun City", but I view Pittsburgh as a rundown Rust Belt old steel mill town. Until cleaned up, it was under a continual cloud of smoke along all three rivers. In-breds, Yinzers etc abound. My father escaped the mills, along with hundreds of thousands others, for a better life along the Chesapeake Bay. Outside of a few trips to watch the Ravens play at the Three Sewers and Heinz, and a few business trips, I have never gone back to that area since my grandfather died. There's no attraction.

    The Miami area is a great place to visit from South Beach on up to Palm Beach. If that's not enough, there are the Keys, Orlando and Cocoa Beach, and the nearby Bahamas. Florida is a year-round attraction for us whether or not we attend Ravens games there (which we frequently do). Many/most Ravens fans who travel to games at Miami Gardens take advantage of the nearby attractions. Few if any Ravens fans avail themselves of Pittsburgh's attractions, because they don't exist.

    20,000 to 25,000 Ravens fans attend games at Miami gardens. 500 to 1,000 attend games at Pittsburgh. The reasons are obvious.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).




  7. #22

    Re: "Sunday's game was BY FAR the best Sun-Life Stadium takeover ......."

    I made the drive down from Tampa and even I wasn't used to that heat. It was scorching but a blast never the less. That stadium looked like a college bowl game. Half orange and teal, half purple and black




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,259
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: "Sunday's game was BY FAR the best Sun-Life Stadium takeover ......."

    It was an awesome trip all around. Great beach weather Saturday and a great game on Sunday. The turnout of Ravens fans was stunning. We had 4 rows of Ravens fans in front of us. Ravens next to us and behind us. The lower seating area was nothing but purple. It was nice to go to an away game and not have to deal with any rude opposing fans. There were just to many of us.




  9. #24

    Re: "Sunday's game was BY FAR the best Sun-Life Stadium takeover ......."

    Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    There's no comparison. I read that you called it a "Fun City", but I view Pittsburgh as a rundown Rust Belt old steel mill town. Until cleaned up, it was under a continual cloud of smoke along all three rivers. In-breds, Yinzers etc abound. My father escaped the mills, along with hundreds of thousands others, for a better life along the Chesapeake Bay. Outside of a few trips to watch the Ravens play at the Three Sewers and Heinz, and a few business trips, I have never gone back to that area since my grandfather died. There's no attraction.

    The Miami area is a great place to visit from South Beach on up to Palm Beach. If that's not enough, there are the Keys, Orlando and Cocoa Beach, and the nearby Bahamas. Florida is a year-round attraction for us whether or not we attend Ravens games there (which we frequently do). Many/most Ravens fans who travel to games at Miami Gardens take advantage of the nearby attractions. Few if any Ravens fans avail themselves of Pittsburgh's attractions, because they don't exist.

    20,000 to 25,000 Ravens fans attend games at Miami gardens. 500 to 1,000 attend games at Pittsburgh. The reasons are obvious.
    I said that i am by no means comparing the two cities as a destination. What i am implying is that our arch rival is about a 4 hour drive away and i go every year and see a handful of Raven Fans. This year especially i hope to see more than that but my question is why don't more Ravens fans try to make this away game. It is actually fun going into enemy territory and say all you want about downtown Pitt, but it is not how you describe it. But I am not arguing the fact that going to Pitt is a desirable destination. Its more about see your team play its arch rival. Again, wish more Ravens fans would make the trip. Maybe i will be plesently surprised in two weeks!
    Last edited by RavensXLVII; 10-08-2013 at 02:17 PM.




  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cub Hill, MD
    Posts
    2,691

    Re: "Sunday's game was BY FAR the best Sun-Life Stadium takeover ......."

    I was pretty impressed with Pittsburgh when I was there for the AFCCG a few years ago. The west side is really nice. It's not a smoking shithole as it's been described. And the fans there are 100X better than the toothless fools that wear black and piss around here.


    WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012




  11. #26

    Re: "Sunday's game was BY FAR the best Sun-Life Stadium takeover ......."

    Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I was pretty impressed with Pittsburgh when I was there for the AFCCG a few years ago. The west side is really nice. It's not a smoking shithole as it's been described. And the fans there are 100X better than the toothless fools that wear black and piss around here.
    Eexactly! Just wish more Ravens fans would think about making the trip.




  12. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: "Sunday's game was BY FAR the best Sun-Life Stadium takeover ......."

    I'll never go back to PIssburgh.

    Fans were all over us. One guy spit on my colors. We kept our mouths shut too. That was the PO game where Elvis curled into his famous fetus position with JO looking down at him with disgust. Never wear your colors in there by yourself.

    I also went to the very first Ravens game up there with the Nests and Fred Grau from this board. People
    came up to our group at the tailgate and got into our faces. One guy approached the smallest guy in our group and a couple of us went over to him and he backed off as I gave him the finger. That was down by the river.

    Fred has a Sun photo of us holding the PITTSBURGH IS RAVENS COUNTRY banner behind the end zone.




  13. #28

    Re: "Sunday's game was BY FAR the best Sun-Life Stadium takeover ......."

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75
    On a side note I had an interesting exchange with a fish fan. When we started getting into the 7 Nation Chant that they were playing (typical Miami bass version) dude thought we were idiots to be chanting to 'a song that they adopted from the Heat to fire up the fans'. I had to politely tell him that we started it on the pro level. When he challenged me to tell him what year, I told him 2011 and all he could do was sit down and be quiet.
    Sigh. The Ravens did not "start this" chant on the pro level. Yes, Ravens fans are loud but calling this chant a Ravens chant is just false.

    The song was released more than a decade ago and is a fixture in professional (and collegiate) sports.

    Frankly, I'm tired of hearing it as a Baltimore "rally cry" at Ravens and O's games. It's annoying how the city has latched on to something so generic and popular and tried to call it our own.

    This song was beaten into the ground at professional sporting events long before it was played at M&T.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free




  14. #29

    Re: "Sunday's game was BY FAR the best Sun-Life Stadium takeover ......."

    Quote Originally Posted by barnanimal View Post
    Sigh. The Ravens did not "start this" chant on the pro level. Yes, Ravens fans are loud but calling this chant a Ravens chant is just false.

    The song was released more than a decade ago and is a fixture in professional (and collegiate) sports.

    Frankly, I'm tired of hearing it as a Baltimore "rally cry" at Ravens and O's games. It's annoying how the city has latched on to something so generic and popular and tried to call it our own.

    This song was beaten into the ground at professional sporting events long before it was played at M&T.
    This.




  15. #30

    Re: "Sunday's game was BY FAR the best Sun-Life Stadium takeover ......."

    Quote Originally Posted by barnanimal View Post
    Sigh. The Ravens did not "start this" chant on the pro level. Yes, Ravens fans are loud but calling this chant a Ravens chant is just false.

    The song was released more than a decade ago and is a fixture in professional (and collegiate) sports.

    Frankly, I'm tired of hearing it as a Baltimore "rally cry" at Ravens and O's games. It's annoying how the city has latched on to something so generic and popular and tried to call it our own.

    This song was beaten into the ground at professional sporting events long before it was played at M&T.
    Which pro football teams (or other pro sports teams) used it first?

    Thanks.
    If you break the rules you can't make the rules.
    - Remove Coach Tomlin from the NFL Competition committee.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland