Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers Week!

Re: Packers Week!

we desperately need Jacoby and Marlon healthy to have a chance

iggyman555 Guest

Packers ILB Brad Jones (hamstring) has been ruled out for Week 6.
    It's another tough blow for the Packers defense, who will be without Clay Matthews (thumb) for multiple weeks. Jamari Lattimore will replace Jones in the starting lineup. Oct 9 - 2:29 PM

Well I guess we are both pretty beat up. Really wishing we would have a bye mid season. Of well, next man up!

We arrive in Baltimore at 1157am tomorrow, so we will be on the prowl!

Bring me some cheese curds! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Bring me some cheese curds! Lol.
    I ordered some straight from Green Bay for my tailgate. They should arrive on Friday! Just in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    I ordered some straight from Green Bay for my tailgate. They should arrive on Friday! Just in time.
    I was looking the other day, but shipping was insane. I have had them before, but I had fried cheese curds this weekend, and they were awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    I was looking the other day, but shipping was insane. I have had them before, but I had fried cheese curds this weekend, and they were awesome.
    Fried cheese curds are the only way to go. Cold are alright, but they must be squeaky. Haha, we had a cheese curds thread on our forum that went 150 pages long. Thing just wouldn't die.

I see at Pickles Pub they have "Fried spicy cheese balls". I figured those are like cheese curds in a way?

Back on track before this turns into the cheese curds thread haha! We get in town and have our stadium your set up for 3pm. Jacked! I will have my full review on your town, stadium, fans, experience, etc when I get back. Win or with my tale between my legs, I will be back.

This Packer fan's view of the Green Bay Packers:
    Passing offense: Rodgers is Rodgers. He has good targets and superb accuracy. He can put the ball into WRs hands where the defenders can't get to the ball. WRs don't necessarily have to get separation from defenders. Back shoulder, sideline and lobs are all tough to defend without over the top help. The Ravens safeties will have to be very sharp. The Oline is young and inexperienced but seem to be coming into their own as the year progresses. They handled Suh and Fairley from Detroit because of two excellent guards. Sitton on the left is pro bowl caliber.
    Run offense: Lacy is the real deal. He'll not tear off a 51 yarder but he can consistently get 4-5 per run. The Packers will not be afraid to run the ball if the Ravens sit with their safeties back. Whether they can be successful at it is the question mark. They have 3 RBs with 100 yard games in 3 games back to back after not having one for 41 games or something like that. That was against Washington, Cincinnati and Detroit.
    Pass defense: Green Bay's secondary can be had. They are all very good players but they have been hit with a multitude of injuries and cohesion is not always there. Those players are starting to heal and having Casey Hayward back will be huge as this is the way to beat the Packers. Joe will have to likely go through some reads but there should be some openings for him to take his shot. Sam Shields is as fast as any WR in the league though so don't expect to capitalize there. I'm going to be as interested in their pass rush as you will be. Hard to define what they will be without Matthews. 5 sacks on Stafford last week after Detroit had only allowed 3 in the previous 4 games. My guess would be that they will confuse with blitzes from CBs.
    Run defense: The Packers are as good against the run as the Ravens. Either team doing well on the ground would be a mild surprise. The Packers are not as star-studded as the Ravens but they are stout up front and Nick Perry moving to Matthews spot and Mike Neal on the left makes them that much bigger. Mike Neal is a converted DE this year and is in the 275 range down from 285 once the position switch. He's likely the strongest player on the Packers roster.
    Special teams: The Packers have a pro bowl punter in Masthay (not yet, but he should be) and Crosby has been perfect this year including 5 last week after a terrible year last year. There is no clear cut return guy at this time so no way to give a thumbs up or down at this point of the season.
    I wish I could drum up some animosity towards the champs but I can't do it. I was almost on my knees praying for a SB victory for your team. Thanks again for denying the 9ers.
    I expect a tough-as-nails defensive game and a low scoring affair: 24-17 Packers.
    Would appreciate a low-down on the Ravens in a similar fashion if anybody would care to.
    No matter what...... let's hope for a good, entertaining game and NO INJURIES!

Blog Entries

This game is setting up to be like that Buffalo game from a few years back when they came to town, because that's what Rodgers is capable of.

They are going to pick on Corey Graham. You can already see that one coming. James Jones is his own hero and worst enemy. If he's in a catching the ball type of mood, he could go for 130. If he's in a dropping the ball type of mood, he could go for 30. Cobb is going to eat Graham alive.

I'd put Jimmy on Jones, because they'll need Webb on Nelson. Webb won't get caught by the double move and will locate the ball better, not that Jimmy's been playing bad either. But Cobb, they better hit that lil' sum bitch, because Graham ain't takin him.

The good news is that they probably will generate pressure with four guys. The bad news is that Rodgers evades the rush with the best of them and throws on the run with the best of them.

The good news is that they won't be able to run on the Ravens defense. It'll all have to be on Rodgers' shoulders, well, along with his WRs. That is also the bad news, because he's one of the few QBs that can win under those circumstances.

Finley is going to frustrate the Ravens defense, but the good news is that he'll probably frustrate Rodgers just as much, much like Jones.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by packfntk View Post
    I see at Pickles Pub they have "Fried spicy cheese balls". I figured those are like cheese curds in a way?
    Probably more like mozzarella sticks. BTW, if you want to try a crabcake, make sure it looks more like a softball than a hockey puck. And get it broiled.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    Probably more like mozzarella sticks. BTW, if you want to try a crabcake, make sure it looks more like a softball than a hockey puck. And get it broiled.
    This. And steer clear of Phillips.

Love the good news/bad news format. Clever.