Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers Week!

Re: Packers Week!

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreboy View Post
    packfntk,
    Can you recommend a good Packer forum to check out?
    packersnews.net is the forum I frequent the most. I am one of the mods over there, great peeps. This is a forum we started in about 2008 when we got sick of all of the rules, etc from the forum we were at.

Stop in and talk football, you will be accepted with open arms!

We are going to f'u you up good.....how is that for a statement? :)
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    This is a good test for our D. If you look at the teams we played up until now, I don't know if we've faced a passing offense as potent as the Packers since Week 1 vs the Broncos. The Texans have some of that ability, but we caught Schaub at the beginning of his current slide. The key for our D against Rodgers is going to be the pass rush. If Sizzle and Doom can pressure Rodgers and force quick throws, we may be able to limit the Packers from the big play and focus on bend don't break defense. If they can't get to Rodgers quickly, I hesitate to think of what he could do to Jimmy Smith, who has a reputation for never knowing where the hell the ball is.
    This times 1000. The Ravens so far this year seem to be intent on proving that a great pass rush can make a mediocre secondary look good. We have seen EJ Manuel and Brandon Weeden miss wide open -- and I mean WIDE OPEN -- receivers. Rodgers is not that generous. We will pay for our mistakes unless we put him on his back first.

On the other side of the ball, it would be nice to finally get our run game rolling. Rodgers can't do much damage from the bench.
    "Chin up, chest out."

I'm glad we're at M&T and not Lambeau. How are your OTs? Doom and Suggs are a good edge rushers and we can get a good push up the middle too. To me the most intriguing match up is your OL against our DL. If Rodgers gets time and space he'll pick our secondary apart, as he would to anyone. You've had a decent running game this year, so getting something out of that would slow our pass rush. Slowing down your offense isn't going to be easy. Take away the first week debacle and our defensive stats are solid.

Our OL has been a major disappointment thus far. Joe needs more time to be effective. Monroe will be an upgrade over the woeful McKinney in run and pass blocking. Still, everyone is stacking the box and attacking our OL on the LOS for good reason. We'll run a lot even if it doesn't work since that's what we do, for better or worse. Too much of the latter this year. If we can control the clock then I'd look to wear your defense down in the second half. Your defensive doesn't strike fear in me, but we've been inept on offense thus far this year counterbalances that.

I expect a close game but I make that same statement every week. Good luck.
    Last edited by Bigfish; 10-07-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Well, it's going to be closer than the last time you guys came to M&T (the lone bright spark really on that season).

Should be a good game - going to be down to which O line holds out best.

Will be interesting to see how Ravens scheme against Rodgers. Without a doubt, except for broncos game, the defense adjusted well in the 2nd half of other games. It's the Ravens offense who will make or break this game.

Ouch. Looks like CM3 is most likely out for Sunday's game. Flacco may have just dodged a bullet.

Blog Entries

I hope the Packers employ a similar defensive scheme to what they did against San Francisco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Should be a good game. I rarely, if ever pick against the Ravens when they are at home, and I won't start now. I expect Rodgers to exploit the Ravens secondary a bit, but he is going to be under extreme duress much of the game. On the other side, I expect losing Mathews is likely given it appears he needs surgery, and that hurts and already suspect defense. I think Flacco will have one of his better games, and the Ravens win a fairly high scoring affair.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I hope the Packers employ a similar defensive scheme to what they did against San Francisco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Not a problem, we don't have to gameplan like that, Flacco isn't athletic. HAHA!

Blog Entries

The Ravens are really tough to beat at M&T. The Ravens are 38-7 at M&T since 2008 including playoff games. My money is on the Ravens winning this one.

Quote Originally Posted by packfntk View Post
    Not a problem, we don't have to gameplan like that, Flacco isn't athletic. HAHA!
    Notsureifserious