Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers Week!

Re: Packers Week!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Notsureifserious
    Sorry, forgot to put a little smiley in there. I was joking.

Quote Originally Posted by packfntk View Post
    Ouch. Looks like CM3 is most likely out for Sunday's game. Flacco may have just dodged a bullet.
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m
    Packers LB Clay Matthews still is undergoing more testing, but he is expected to miss one month with a broken thumb.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Ouch. Looks like CM3 is most likely out for Sunday's game. Flacco may have just dodged a bullet.
    That's a big break for the Ravens (no pun intended), since we'll be breaking in a new left tackle. Does Matthews typically just line up on one side or do they move him around?

I'm still concerned with Raji against our interior line, particularly our C Gradkowski. If they ever get paired one-on-one, it's an opportunity for Raji to collapse the pocket.

I have very little faith in our run game at this point. I think you guys will mostly handle us there, forcing us to put the ball in Flacco's hands if we want to win. It's never good to be 1-dimensional, but without Matthews I feel like we'll have some success moving the ball through the air. Flacco is typically much more effective at home.

Suggs and Dumerville are the biggest weapons we have to slow down Rodgers, but they're not alone. We have a lot of defensive lineman that can get to the quarterback, and the attention on our OLBs no doubt helps the others. As a result we have 19 sacks through 5 games.

I could see both QBs getting hit a lot in this one, but with CM3 out hopefully we'll get the better end of that exchange.

Our secondary can be beat, but despite what happened in Denver it's not a pushover. My biggest fear is the back shoulder throw against Jimmy Smith. You mentioned that the Packers like to do this. That's a terrible combo for us, since Smith has had trouble locating the ball at times.

I think this will be a good game. Not sure who wins.

Thanks for the breakdown!

Cactus-

Yeah he generally rushes from the right but at times they move him around. And if Jimmy struggles to locate the ball they will attack that. They hit that back shoulder over and over. I go to training camp every year and they practice it non-stop.

Well hopefully Perry steps his game up. There is no better time than the present!

Can our safeties step up? Rodgers has got to be looking to exploit them. There's our weakness on D.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Can our safeties step up? Rodgers has got to be looking to exploit them. There's our weakness on D.
    It is all about the scheme.

I am hoping that their beleaguered offensive line will have the same issues that Miami did with Suggs, Doom, and Company.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

After all the turnovers in Buffalo then giving Miami 10 points on turnovers we need a no turnover game against the Pack.
    Be nice to get off to a fast start and get the stadium rocking.

For the ravens to win this one they need to run the football, control the clock, and don't turn the ball over on offense. On D, they need to keep pressure on Rogers and slow down that running game. Right now the Packers are 4th in passing and 5th in the run game so it will not be an easy task.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

funny, I surfed all of the Packers message boards I could find and no post are up about the Ravens, but a Packers fan starts one here, lol. It was going to happen anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    funny, I surfed all of the Packers message boards I could find and no post are up about the Ravens, but a Packers fan starts one here, lol. It was going to happen anyway.
    Here you go.....they got their game thread started already.

Packer Chatters
    packerchatters.com/
    The Original Packers Fan Site And Forum ... Popular Select PC Author Articles are back...this time in the Forums. Click here to enter the PC Forums.

Thanks. I like reading the other teams message boards. The post was pinned at the top, I missed it.

So that is just a few topics to hit, I leave on Wednesday night so we have a couple days to talk. JACKED UP and can't wait to experience your stadium! Should be a good game!
    Fresh from TAKING OVER Sun Death Field in Miami, Ravens Fans will demonstrate why Baltimore has one of the very best Home Field advantages in the entire League.

Then Mr. Rodgers will meet Messrs. Suggs, Dumerville, Ngata and Canty.

Didja hear? Terrell Suggs is going for DPOY. Making Amazing Aaron his beotch with Big Ben's exposed hindparts coming up next week would go a long way toward that goal. ;) Please tell Mr. Rodgers this AIN'T his neighborhood! This here is T-Sizzles turf and he is the Mack Daddy M'fer!

I too look for a close, hard fought game with a very talented Green Bay squad featuring one of the best QB's in the NFL. Good luck, have a safe trip and enjoy your time in Baltimore.

- rfd
    Last edited by Real Fan Dan; 10-08-2013 at 03:19 PM.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!