Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Ed Reed is active

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    Texans fans are furious with him.
    Most seem to think this is his retirement tour since he seems to be buddy buddy with every team they play.
    Tired to tell them. LOL
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Ed's play by date expired with the Super Bowl. He has lost a step or two from last year and he couldn't afford to lose any. He should have followed Ray's example and gone out on top.

I still wear my Reed jersey once a week or so. I still respect the man for what he did for my favorite team. I cannot fault him for getting one last pay day and he found the fools willing to pay it in Houston. I have never liked the way he did it though, playing around with leaving-staying-leaving-staying and then finally leaving.

I haven't watched him play at all this year since i live in NW Pa they rarely televise the Houston games, and unless they play the Ravens i don't watch the Texans anyway. I would feel a little sad and disappointed to watch Ed go out there and get beat badly every game or miss tackles that he used to make with ease.

There were times in Baltimore it was tough to see his skills slipping away. We knew he was damaged goods and 90% of his value was his knowledge.

Texans fans should be pissed at the signing and the people who were willing to pay. Don't blame the man for taking the money.

Ed's not the first guy to think he could still do what he no longer can. It's his last year obviously. Sign him to a one day contract next year.

last November the Tejans seemed like the next monster team, but they've really stumbled--twice against the Pats (last year reg season and again in playoffs), against us the other week. going downhill fast. Kubiak, like Garrett in Dallas, good OC but not so good HC.
    remember, they spanked us last year in reg season. I was shocked how bad we beat them in Sept.

I guess they thought Ed would add some playoff mojo to their D (they're, what. 2-3 in postseason?).
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

Ed Reed had an int in the Super Bowl and many other plays. Remember he rushed Kaepernick while scrambling and made him miss an easy TD throw. Possibly no Ed Reed means no World Championship.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Ed Reed had an int in the Super Bowl and many other plays. Remember he rushed Kaepernick while scrambling and made him miss an easy TD throw. Possibly no Ed Reed means no World Championship.
    Qustion is 'would you give Ed Reed $5 million dollars to play in 2013?' I would not... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Qustion is 'would you give Ed Reed $5 million dollars to play in 2013?' I would not... Bc
    Of course not. I'm just saying he played very well in the Super Bowl and was a big part of the win.

I agree he played well last year but it was clear he was at the end then. Even more now, hate to see him go out like that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Murphey37 View Post
    I agree he played well last year but it was clear he was at the end then. Even more now, hate to see him go out like that.
    I think people are overreacting about Ed Reed here. This would all be a non-issue if the Texans were getting good QB play and were winning. Ed Reed is a blip on the radar compared to their real issues. The D is ranked #1 with Ed Reed. I'm not saying he's the reason. I'm just saying the unit he is a part of is ranked #1.

I think people are overreacting about Ed Reed here. This would all be a non-issue if the Texans were getting good QB play and were winning. Ed Reed is a blip on the radar compared to their real issues. The D is ranked #1 with Ed Reed. I'm not saying he's the reason. I'm just saying the unit he is a part of is ranked #1.
    Only one AFC team (the putrid Jags) has given up more points than the Texans, so any scale that ranks them #1 is suspect, even factoring out Schaub's pick-6's. Last year's Texans defense would have obliterated the Ravens' O-line.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

They're #1 in yards given up, not points. They're a putrid 28th in PPG.

And considering he's only been back for two weeks, it's safe to say he's a non-factor, good or bad.

He needs to hang it up before he becomes one of those athletes who play a season or two too much.