Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 60
  1. #1

    Reed Needs to Retire



    Reed should have retired. He looked really bad last night against San Fran. Slow to get up after every tackle, being out of position, and can't even keep it close with tight ends.




  2. #2

    Re: Ed Reed is active

    Quote Originally Posted by Murphey37 View Post
    Reed should have retired. He looked really bad last night against San Fran. Slow to get up after every tackle, being out of position, and can't even keep it close with tight ends.
    The Texans as a whole were awful.
    I do not think Davis hurt them to bad until the late TD.




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,064
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ed Reed is active

    I heard the radio call on the Davis TD, and they mentioned Ed Reed trying to run with Davis but just not having the speed. Laid out to try to ankle tackle him and missed.

    All I could think was, Yeah, that's what we all figured.
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,950

    Re: Ed Reed is active

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I heard the radio call on the Davis TD, and they mentioned Ed Reed trying to run with Davis but just not having the speed. Laid out to try to ankle tackle him and missed.

    All I could think was, Yeah, that's what we all figured.
    Plenty of DB's get burned by Davis. He's pretty fast. I was actually surprised he was able to catch up to Davis a bit.

    I was more surprised how open he was. Reed is typically in the right spot but on that play he didn't come up and help until it was way too late.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  5. #5

    Re: Ed Reed is active

    Texans fans are furious with him.
    Most seem to think this is his retirement tour since he seems to be buddy buddy with every team they play.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,480
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Ed Reed is active

    Schaub is in a weird funk right now that he can't seem to get of. It's hard to compete on the road when your QB serves up an easy 6 on the first drive. If the a Texans were winning I think Ed Reed would be fine. But losing uncovers a lot of stuff.




  7. #7

    Re: Ed Reed is active

    I'm glad ED got his money - at Houston's expense.

    We all knew he was slow and couldn't tackle - now I guess the rest of the league is finding that out as well.




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Posts
    611
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ed Reed is active

    I am starting to wonder how much longer they will go with the Kubaik-Schaub package deal. Theyve been together for a while but look like they're just spinning their wheels. I really thought Schuab would be better by this point but hes just not getting it.

    And as for Ed I think we all saw this coming. He looks like he barely gives a damn out there. If Houston somehow falls way back out of contention would it suprise anyone if Ed started to have a "nagging injury" that basically shuts him down for the year?
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!)




  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    14,879
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ed Reed is active

    Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post
    I'm glad ED got his money - at Houston's expense.

    We all knew he was slow and couldn't tackle - now I guess the rest of the league is finding that out as well.
    Agreed; I don't fault the guy for going after that last pay day. But yes he looks slow and risk adverse. He hurt himself touching Kapernick down...

    Their bigger problem is under center
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,064
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ed Reed is active

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Plenty of DB's get burned by Davis. He's pretty fast. I was actually surprised he was able to catch up to Davis a bit.

    I was more surprised how open he was. Reed is typically in the right spot but on that play he didn't come up and help until it was way too late.
    That's fair, watching the replay Manning was lined up on Davis, but played the run. Reed was playing CF, and as soon as Kaepernick goes to throw, Ed is running to try to get to Davis.

    I mean, he can still play better than most NFL safeties. But he's not the Ed Reed of old, which is why we didn't go nuts over resigning him. Right now, Elam and Ihedigbo are playing pretty well, though each is having their rough spots. It would've been nice to see Elam learning from Reed though, that would've been fun.
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,950

    Re: Ed Reed is active

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    That's fair, watching the replay Manning was lined up on Davis, but played the run. Reed was playing CF, and as soon as Kaepernick goes to throw, Ed is running to try to get to Davis.

    I mean, he can still play better than most NFL safeties. But he's not the Ed Reed of old, which is why we didn't go nuts over resigning him. Right now, Elam and Ihedigbo are playing pretty well, though each is having their rough spots. It would've been nice to see Elam learning from Reed though, that would've been fun.
    Truth
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,950

    Re: Ed Reed is active

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Their bigger problem is under center
    And the dude on the sideline with the headphones.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland