Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Joe Flacco Urgency

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Who knows.

Some just won't accept Flacco unless he plays like Peyton Manning every week.

I think some would rather have a QB like Romo who throws for 500 yards, but still chokes and loses games.

Flacco is the easiest person to blame when things aren't going well, but anyone who really knows wtf they are talking about can clearly see that there is a lot more going on right now.

His pocket presence sure looked fucking elite to me during the playoffs when he was evading sacks and being hurried while still throwing the ball down the field to make plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    it look elite to me yesterday as well when he was taking a beating play after play, i tell people all the time give Flacco a fuckin like, a demarius thomas, wes welker and eric decker and watch him rip teams apart. Fuck.. peyton would look like Tim hassleback behind this fuckin line.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    it look elite to me yesterday as well when he was taking a beating play after play, i tell people all the time give Flacco a fuckin like, a demarius thomas, wes welker and eric decker and watch him rip teams apart. Fuck.. peyton would look Retired from injury behind this fuckin line.

There ya go Smoove, fixed that for ya.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darksouleyez View Post
    There ya go Smoove, fixed that for ya.
    word.

Joe Flacco Urgency

If that game doesn't prove once and for all that it all starts and ends with the line for Joe, then you simply don't understand the game.

When Joe had time, he was successful. When he had white shirts in his face, he looked like crap.

Joe has the talent and has proven such, he just needs more than two seconds in the pocket to show it.

Joe's demeanor has always been like that. It's not an issue. The man is still winning games.
    He's also bigger than you think so it's only natural that this drop backs appear to be in slow motion. He takes big strides too.

Blog Entries

Joe is never going to be Big Ben in the pocket but he is hardly a statue. It's hard to step up into the pocket when there is not pocket.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Joe's demeanor has always been like that. It's not an issue. The man is still winning games.
    He's also bigger than you think so it's only natural that this drop backs appear to be in slow motion. He takes big strides too.
    You know you think some people would be grateful to have a caliber QB like Flacco here in Bmore when for years we never had shit...smh

I hear you and yes it gets old. I wonder if a lot of our fan base came on board in 2008. If that's the case then it explains why they don't appreciate what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    You know you think some people would be grateful to have a caliber QB like Flacco here in Bmore when for years we never had shit...smh
    +1
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Other Qbs often get hurt scrambling around. I'll take a QB that wins more often then not, hasn't missed a game since he started, and is always competitive, wanting to win all the time. He is better then any QB the Ravens had in the past and with a good LT and receivers healthy, watch out.

Flaccos improved pocket presence (and size) is one of the reasons he hasn't been sacked more. He's sliding and making other subtle steps in a muddled pocket that buy him a little more time to find someone downfield. If this were 2 or 3 years ago he'd be fumbling because of his bad ball security in the pocket, now he's a lot more conscience of his arm/shoulder position.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    If that game doesn't prove once and for all that it all starts and ends with the line for Joe, then you simply don't understand the game.

When Joe had time, he was successful. When he had white shirts in his face, he looked like crap.

Joe has the talent and has proven such, he just needs more than two seconds in the pocket to show it.
    This is what have been saying about Flacco all along. If you give him time to throw, good WRs, and a good running game, he can be lethal. However, he is not a guy that can put the ball up 40-50 times per game without turning the ball over multiple times. Flacco is a very good QB, and the Ravens are lucky to have him.