Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Joe Flacco Urgency

Has anyone else noticed that when taking snaps from under center, Joe is so slow and nonchalant on his five and seven step drops? In comparison to most quarterbacks, it looks as though he is moving in slow motion. He also looks as though he doesn't put a lot of effort and urgency into his play action fakes in order to sell them. Don't get me wrong, I love our quarterback and think he's top five overall in the league, I'm just wondering if anyone else feels this way or am I imagining things?

Re: Joe Flacco Urgency

Two quick thoughts - first, due to Joe's size he doesn't appear to move as quickly as a smaller person. Second, due to that same height advantage, Joe doesn't have to run in fear the way some other quarterbacks do. He has good situational awareness, better than most people.

He's always been like that. He can definitely be a statue in the pocket at times. But man, he can also deliver complete bullets from the pocket while surrounded by defenders that few other QBs have the ability to do.
    90% of the game is half mental

Quote Originally Posted by 2gigch1 View Post
    Two quick thoughts - first, due to Joe's size he doesn't appear to move as quickly as a smaller person. Second, due to that same height advantage, Joe doesn't have to run in fear the way some other quarterbacks do. He has good situational awareness, better than most people.
    Exactly this. Joe is a big fella and I used to think he was slow until I noticed that on the rare occasion when he bolts out of the pocket, he never takes a big hit from pursuing defenders. He's faster than he looks

He works better out of the shotgun. He is hardly a statue in the pocket. The guy has had to move around a ton this year as the pocket is consistently being collapsed from all over the place.

Been saying this for years. Very slow on the drop back. Those play action plays that forces him to be athletic are SO SLOW to develop. The rushers are all over him before he can set his feet and throw. Once he gets going he can move pretty good, but he has no acceleration.

Blog Entries

thats always been Joe's demeanor, but the offense on a whole could pick of the tempo a bit, I remember when jason Brown was the center the year we drafted Oher and Yanda was a year in and Gaither was the LT and Grubbs as a year in as well that whole Oline would run to the LOS all the time and on set all the time. Don't know why we have no sense of urgency at all on this offense.

he lacks an elite pocket presence

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bengtc View Post
    wah????

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bengtc View Post
    Yea! Wooo!

Fuck that guy. I can't wait until we get a REAL quarterback.

/sarcasm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Yea! Wooo!

Fuck that guy. I can't wait until we get a REAL quarterback.

/sarcasm.

wtf do some of these people look at??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    wtf do some of these people look at??
    Who knows.

Some just won't accept Flacco unless he plays like Peyton Manning every week.

I think some would rather have a QB like Romo who throws for 500 yards, but still chokes and loses games.

Flacco is the easiest person to blame when things aren't going well, but anyone who really knows wtf they are talking about can clearly see that there is a lot more going on right now.

His pocket presence sure looked fucking elite to me during the playoffs when he was evading sacks and being hurried while still throwing the ball down the field to make plays.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.