Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Gradkowski must sit

Quote Originally Posted by yahoomas View Post
    He started 5 games last year for the Colts. According to PFF he only surrendered 5 pressures and 0 sacks. Gino had 13 pressures through 4 games, and 2 sacks. Gino has also the worst pass block grade of any center in the league by far. On paper Shipley looks like the better player right now.
    PFF is a joke. There's a reason no reputable GM in the league uses them.

Yesterday, he had his best game if the season. I don't see why you need to then shift the line around the next week after his best outing.

That's something you build on, not change.

Blog Entries

I have been extremely critical of Gino but I thought yesterday was probably his best game. Now, that isn't saying much when you consider his grades for the first four weeks were three F's and a C, but it's something. As long as he is showing some improvement (which until yesterday, IMO, he had not been) I am okay with him continuing to start. I do think Shipley should get into the lineup, but at LG, where he seemed (to me) to play better than KO has this year.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

We have seen C make careers on brains as opposed to monster bodies.
    We have 2 right from our own backyard (3 if you want to coung Bostic). Flynn played longer than he should have with his body because his smarts gave him an advantage over competition, could also say the same for the surgically repaired Harvard grad :)

Defenses are more than trying to confuse the QB, they also have the C as their target and Gino is still on a learning curve.
    We are sure impatient, and I include myself in it... I'd probably be screaming for Shipley if I hadn't really been watching pre-season....
    totally agree what we want to see is improvement and looks like it is happening, just mistakes get magnified and BMac was NOT helping anything.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

I'd wait, Ravens have to get the OL to work together. Hopefully, Munroe is going to be helpful. First full year without much help for Gino. It should get better as long as Gino handles the thinking part of being a center.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Yesterday, he had his best game if the season. I don't see why you need to then shift the line around the next week after his best outing.

Their grading system is a joke. However their pressure statistics are more accurate, or as accurate as any other stats website. I`m more worried about the small sample size then PFF somehow being wayyy off with their stats. 5 pressures in 5 games is pretty good. Actually it is only 4, since the last one came from a different game when he was in at LG.

I think we need to find the best lineup period, and then roll from there. If that means moving several pieces around, then so be it. We moved 3 players prior to the playoffs last year, and it didn`t take long for them to get in sync.

Blog Entries

Their grading system is generally a joke, I'll agree with that, but did you even read his post? 5 pressures and no sacks (grading system or no grading system) is pretty damn good, and certainly A LOT better than what Gradkowski has ever had.

I'd start him this week if KO is good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I'll wait for Filmstudy's writeup. In my view, Gradkowski and Shipley turned in equal games. Both had rough spots, both seemed to improve in the 2nd half. You could argue that Shipley's is more impressive due to playing LG and without any prep, but I'm not so sure that equates to him being clearly better than Gradkowski.
    Shipley also doesn't have the wear of 4 games of starting. Doesn't have to rhythm either though so who knows if that balances out.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Their grading system is generally a joke, I'll agree with that, but did you even read his post? 5 pressures and no sacks (grading system or no grading system) is pretty damn good, and certainly A LOT better than what Gradkowski has ever had.

I'd start him this week if KO is good to go.
    Agreed. Gradkowski's performance improved in the second half solely because he got more more help from Guards Yanda and Shipley. This is a tactic that worked well against a Miami defense missing Dannell Ellerbe, but going forward, will only leave the O line more vulnerable to both run and pass blitzing by more astute inside LB's and defensive coordinators. On the whole, Gradkowski's play has not improved one iota. He is the weak link in this line. Time to give Shipley a shot.

To prove HoustonRaven's point of PFF being a joke...would you believe that their ratings for our defense yesterday had Terrell Suggs as only the 5th best Ravens defender!?!? Well they did. In fact, they had Suggs with a negative grade in pass rushing. LOL! That's how ridiculous their grading system is. Stick exclusively with Filmstudy in grading the Ravens, or, if you have access to the All 22, grade them yourself. I got PFF premium and it might be the worst money I've spent in my life.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
    Another Gino thread.
    WEll Vinny and Rob have been beating Gino up all year while certain posters
    keep making excuses for him. Vinny just said for Gino to make it he as to
    be really good on techniques because physically he just doesn't have it and
    keeps getting pushed back.

On Rice's fumble Gino is on the ground with two guys looking down at him
    and a guy jumped over his body and straight into Ray, all on one motion
    for a monster hit. Maybe Ray doesn't fumble at all if Gino does his job
    and hit someone. On at least two plays guys ran by him up the middle while
    he was looking in the opposite direction. The defense was reading his
    eyes (keys).

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    To prove HoustonRaven's point of PFF being a joke...would you believe that their ratings for our defense yesterday had Terrell Suggs as only the 5th best Ravens defender!?!? Well they did. In fact, they had Suggs with a negative grade in pass rushing. LOL! That's how ridiculous their grading system is. Stick exclusively with Filmstudy in grading the Ravens, or, if you have access to the All 22, grade them yourself. I got PFF premium and it might be the worst money I've spent in my life.
    Exactly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    WEll Vinny and Rob have been beating Gino up all year while certain posters
    keep making excuses for him. Vinny just said for Gino to make it he as to
    be really good on techniques because physically he just doesn't have it and
    keeps getting pushed back.

On Rice's fumble Gino is on the ground with two guys looking down at him
    and a guy jumped over his body and straight into Ray, all on one motion
    for a monster hit. Maybe Ray doesn't fumble at all if Gino does his job
    and hit someone. On at least two plays guys ran by him up the middle while
    he was looking in the opposite direction. The defense was reading his
    eyes (keys).
    Well, I heard on the radio that Vinny and Robb hold hands during radio shows because of how in love they are.

Which is nice when you think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.