Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Gradkowski must sit

I've watched Gino Gradkowski through preseason and 5 games thus far and I have to conclude that this kid is simply not ready for prime time football. Slow line calls, lack of strength and punch at the point of attack, and an inability to handle line stunts in the passing game have spelled disaster for both Guards Yanda, Osomele and the entire O line. A Q Shipley looked especially good subbing for an injured Osomele against the Miami line today. Unlike Gradkowski, this vet showed some " mean " in his game. Going forward, the fortunes of this O line and the entire offense will not change for the better until Shipley moves into the starting Center slot and Monroe replaces Mckinney. What say you?

Re: Gradkowski must sit

No offense, but there are numerous other threads calling for Gino and McKinnie to be benched. Did we really need another?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Gino plays a decent game and now he should be replaced by a player who hasn't started at center since 2008 at Penn State?!?!

And that is suppose to help our line problems how exactly?

Blog Entries

I'll wait for Filmstudy's writeup. In my view, Gradkowski and Shipley turned in equal games. Both had rough spots, both seemed to improve in the 2nd half. You could argue that Shipley's is more impressive due to playing LG and without any prep, but I'm not so sure that equates to him being clearly better than Gradkowski.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Gino plays a decent game and now he should be replaced by a player who hasn't started at center since 2008 at Penn State?!?!

He started four games at center last year for a playoff team.

Gradkowski must sit

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    My mistake.

Not sure I'm changing my opinion on the process though. Shuffling the line is not a good solution.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 10-07-2013 at 07:24 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Who traded him for a 7th round pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by rastaman831226 View Post
    I've watched Gino Gradkowski through preseason and 5 games thus far and I have to conclude that this kid is simply not ready for prime time football. Slow line calls, lack of strength and punch at the point of attack, and an inability to handle line stunts in the passing game have spelled disaster for both Guards Yanda, Osomele and the entire O line. A Q Shipley looked especially good subbing for an injured Osomele against the Miami line today. Unlike Gradkowski, this vet showed some " mean " in his game. Going forward, the fortunes of this O line and the entire offense will not change for the better until Shipley moves into the starting Center slot and Monroe replaces Mckinney. What say you?
    Another Gino thread. We are definitely missing Birk but I am not sure we have a better available right now.

They may realize it as Jensen has been kept on the 53 for a reason. As for AQ he was okay yesterday but got beat bad at least once and is small. Especially good...not sure I would say that.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

He started 5 games last year for the Colts. According to PFF he only surrendered 5 pressures and 0 sacks. Gino had 13 pressures through 4 games, and 2 sacks. Gino has also the worst pass block grade of any center in the league by far. On paper Shipley looks like the better player right now.

Blog Entries

Gino played his best game yesterday, still rough but when you see even yanda getting beat one on one then the whole line is bad..but like i said it gave me hope when 4 out of 5 linemen settled down and played fairly well in the 2nd half.

Blog Entries

Considering Gino squared off against one of the best NTs in the league yesterday, he did about as well as you could ask. I counted multiple running plays where he got to the second level and was blocking down on linebackers.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Considering Gino squared off against one of the best NTs in the league yesterday, he did about as well as you could ask. I counted multiple running plays where he got to the second level and was blocking down on linebackers.

He also had a nice block in space on a screen play. I saw Yanda get worked over one on one yesterday. Not sure why the line played better in the second half. Whatever it was they need to keep it going. Not sure that Shipley would be an upgrade over GG. That being said if they are equal you play the younger guy as he has the potential to improve. Shipley is more experienced and what you see is what you get. I do like seeing AQ play well at guard as that gives the team some flexibility. It was also nice to see Wagner run block with some aggression.