Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Ray Rice - slowing down? Or still injured?

I think Ray Rice burst/speed is suffering from his hip injury but with time i think he will get better. I saw some one mention how Ray Rice hasn't been the same since 2009 well in 2009 we had Jared Gaither, Ben Grubbs, Matt Birk, Marshal Yanda and Micheal Oher just about all of them were very good at run blocking and dominate in doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Um, Rice's fumble wasn't exactly on him.

The ball took a direct hit from the helmet. It was a clean hard hit on
    the ball.

Nobody would have held on in that situation.
    Helmet was no where near the ball.
    96 knocks it loose with his left arm.

Blog Entries
    I certainly think that at this point, Rice has lost some explosiveness and speed, he isn't breaking them out like he used to. Even during poor games in the past, he'd break out one or two 20 yard + gains.

Blog Entries

The guy;s entire upper body and his helmet comes down
    and hits Rice in the arm on what STan White called a ferocious hit. As someone posted, that hit isn't on Ray and there was no blocking on the play. Ellerbe picks up the ball.

Here's his quick TD from red zone, the 4, and look at
    #71 Wagner wipe out his man to spring Ray. There was a time before Jamal Lewis when the Ravens couldn't
    even score from there. That's why Billick wanted someone who could move the pile.

If Oher leaves, Wagner will probably take his place. He's
    6'6 and 310 lbs. I wonder if he can play Center?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/baltimore-...yard-touchdown
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 10-07-2013 at 05:24 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    The fumbling issue is my primary concern.

Age/injury shouldn't have an impact on his ball security.
    Bottom line is I no longer trust Ray to be one of our best players.
    He is supposed to be a mismatch for LBers, but when has he been open when split out wide? He is supposed to be an elite player and he just doesn't look like one.

Rice never used to fumble at all. Now it's happening once every other game. I don't know what is going on with that.

Um, Rice's fumble wasn't exactly on him.

The ball took a direct hit from the helmet. It was a clean hard hit on
    the ball.
    The guy;s entire upper body and his helmet comes down
    and hits Rice in the arm on what STan White called a ferocious hit.
    Not trying to argue with you,like your posts, but this whole thing with the helmet directly hitting the ball/Rice's arm, knocking the ball out isn't what I saw.
    Love Rice but the fumble is on him IMHO.
    Not the greatest screen capture but;

Need to keep two hands on the ball when in traffic. Rice didn't do it.

Blog Entries

Ray Rice - slowing down? Or still injured?

The fumble isnt on him...wow. Ok. Well, hey all of those interceptions Joe threw last week weren't on him either. Just lucky defensive plays.

/hyperbole

Rice is a running back. His primary objective is to protect the football when he gets it. That fumble is directly on him because he didn't have the ball secured enough. Just like when Joe tries to force a pass to. Receiver who is double-covered and it gets picked off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Did anyone see the play where Flacco scrambled and threw the ball to Ray Rice, which Ray Rice tried to spin out of a tackle? I was pretty sure that it happened in the second half....

Anyway, I thought that play epitomized something.... Ray Rice always seemed to curl whenever we are passing. There does not seem a variety in his routes that we would see with other RBs (most notable, Sproles). I am not sure why Ray always seem to be a sitting duck, which makes it easier for a linebacker to cover him. I find it hard to believe that an average linebacker could shut him down.

Moreover, I don't get the stubbornness to run him between tackles. That worked a few years ago mainly because defenders couldn't find him. Given the rise of RBs similar size as Ray, it is hard to fool defender with his miniature size (in comparison).

We are spending significant money on him, we need to be innovative with him.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The fumble isnt on him...wow. Ok. Well, hey all of those interceptions Joe threw last week weren't on him either. Just lucky defensive plays.

/hyperbole

Rice is a running back. His primary objective is to protect the football when he gets it. That fumble is directly on him because he didn't have the ball secured enough. Just like when Joe tries to force a pass to. Receiver who is double-covered and it gets picked off.
    This.

Rarely is a fumble not on the RB. Ridleys fumble in the AFCCG, for example, was a result of him getting knocked out.

Rice and his dropsies go back to mid season 2012. This was become a pattern. Does he have the worst hands in football? No. But he's putting the ball on the turf enough it warrants critique.

Ray Rice - slowing down? Or still injured?

Neither.

Until I see Bernard Peirce lighting it up, while Ray is not... I'll view the situation for what it is.

(a combination of play-calling and poor line play)

Blog Entries

the Oline and scheme is still an issue, lazy ass Mckinnie gave no effort at all, KO wasn't doing so great either I think Shippley brought a little extra he at the 2nd level a few times and helped out on Mckinnie side a lot. Even though I saw more man to man blocking we need to just do that all together and scrap this zone blocking bullshit. I can't wait to see Monroe, think we should stick with shippley at guard he did really well, KO for some reason has regressed it was evident yesterday when Shippley took over, him and Gino have better chemistry.