Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Bringing back Stokely

Torrey Smith, Jacoby Jones, Deonte Thompson, Tandon Doss and Marlon Brown sounds like a pretty solid receiving core to me. If these 5 are healthy I'm not sure why they bring back Stokely. All of them have more upside than Stokely. Unless they want to go with 6 receivers.

Blog Entries

Stokely is Consistent, the OTHERS are not. Don't want him in New England.

If anything it's worth it to sign him as an insurance policy, yes we are finally getting healthy but how long will that last. I think that McKinnie is gone one way or another and they sign him. He may be the casualty when Jackson is reinstated from suspension. This offense is slowly starting to show what it can do with capable pass catchers, add in Monroe and a restore the running game and we are in business. Easier said than done but we are getting there

5 Wide outs yet they rarely if ever run a 5 wide set.

Blog Entries

I'd expect Stokley would get the roster spot of McKinnie or Jah Reid. With Monroe coming into the fold, I see us dumping at least one OL off. Jah Reid is a constant inactive anyway, I'd say if McKinnie isn't traded, they keep McKinnie and dump Jah Reid.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I'd expect Stokley would get the roster spot of McKinnie or Jah Reid. With Monroe coming into the fold, I see us dumping at least one OL off. Jah Reid is a constant inactive anyway, I'd say if McKinnie isn't traded, they keep McKinnie and dump Jah Reid.
    Jah Reid isn't getting cut.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Jah Reid isn't getting cut.
    agreed, he can play guard and tackle although not at a high level

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Who gets cut? I don't think I'd bring him back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    They'll probably only bring him back if someone else gets hurt. I think the reason Stokely got cut was because he wasn't 100%. Bajema was so they decided to bring Bajema back rather than keep Stokely on the bench for another week. Since money is not an issue they can cut and bring both these guys back all season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    agreed, he can play guard and tackle although not at a high level
    I get that but...

You have Wagner who can play G/T, you'd still have McKinnie who can play T about as well as Jah Reid.
    Shipley can play C and some value at G. And this is still assuming we get Ryan Jensen back in a few weeks, and he was slated to play G/C.

We don't need to carry 10 OL. We'd have Monroe, KO, Gradkowski, Yanda, Oher, McKinnie, Wagner, Reid, Shipley, and Jensen. IF they are going to re-sign Stokely, I see OL as being the place that roster spot comes from.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    5 Wide outs yet they rarely if ever run a 5 wide set.
    We haven`t had more then 4 active, and alot of the time only 3 has been playing because of injuries. Not that I think we will ever go with 0 personel or whatever it`s called...
    We still need all 5, we`ve actually needed all 6 so far. But I would say Stokely is least valuable.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    They'll probably only bring him back if someone else gets hurt. I think the reason Stokely got cut was because he wasn't 100%. Bajema was so they decided to bring Bajema back rather than keep Stokely on the bench for another week. Since money is not an issue they can cut and bring both these guys back all season.
    That might make sense, otherwise I don't see anyone saying who gets cut if they bring him back. That's assuming they're not cutting McKinnie.

Also not worried about NE picking him up, they could've done that yesterday and have the Ravens pay his salary

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I completely missed that he even got cut... thats how little I care about what he brings to this team. Id rather have him than Clark, but were thin at TE and deep at WR so obviously theres a reason it was Stokely that got cut. I have no problems if they dont bring him back. I think the core we have now is the one that i expected to be the final 53 anyway.
    -JAB